The scientific research chairs work to present useful research knowledge at all levels, which contributes to the advancement of society, and the realization of its research aspirations to serve the Kingdom’s vision 2030. It also works to support scientific research and its researchers in various academic disciplines, by providing all the necessary needs to serve them, in addition to Scientific research chairs constitute a major support for the advancement of Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University to the ranks of international universities.
That the scientific chairs be a major tributary of scientific research and innovations at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University and contribute to building sustainable development and a knowledge society to raise the university’s position locally, regionally and internationally.
Providing a suitable environment of high quality to support the research system, enriching knowledge in all disciplines at the university, and strengthening community partnership.
Creativity, diversity, perfection, credibility, transparency, and social responsibility.
- Supporting the university to occupy a prestigious scientific position in the scientific and research fields, knowledge enrichment, and creativity.
- Improving the scientific, research and professional performance of scientific chairs in line with the university’s vision.
- Activating communication between academic chairs and civil society institutions.
- Encouraging the benefit of scientific expertise and harnessing it in the development of the scientific and research balance of the university and society.
- Optimal use of financial resources to support the scientific community and the knowledge economy.
University Executive Committee:
- University's president
- Vice President of the University
- Dean of Scientific Research
- Chair Supervisor
- Supervisor of the Office of Cooperation and Knowledge Exchange
- A distinguished professor of specialists from the university
Functions of the Executive Committee:
- Drafting policies for chair management
- Approval of the annual financial report
- Approval of technical and annual reports
- Adoption of the budget and fiscal policy
- Hiring an external auditor
- Submitting a detailed annual report to the University’s Council
Chair Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Supervising the financial and administrative matters of the chair
- Approval of contracts to be signed with consulting agencies
- Raising the names of the candidates from researchers and technical staff
- Preparing the annual budget and presenting it to the Executive Committee
- Preparing annual reports on the chair's performance
- Representing the chair in all offices and institutes inside and outside the university
- Supervising the chair's research activities
- Hiring arbitrators to review the progress of the activities of the Chair
Duties of the Scientific Committee:
Supervising the chair's research activities
Approval of proposed research projects
Appointment of arbitrators to review the progress of the activities of the Chair
Suggestion of consultants for the chair
Reviewing and approving the budget for each research activity
Nomination of the chair professor