Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University actively participates in the advancement, growth and progress in the Kingdom in general and the Eastern Province in particular. The accomplished faculty and staff at the University play a vital role in the indigenization of numerous academic fields by imparting their expertise and knowledge. The College of Architecture and Planning, like other colleges in the University, is privileged to have innovative and highly qualified academics and researchers who are able to communicate and build close ties with the community and therefore have an impact in the process of urban development and planning in the local area and in the country. In order to continue this progress, the Center for Urban Studies was established at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University in 1430 AH/2009 CE.
To be the state-of-the-art architecture consultation destination in the Eastern Province for environmental design and urban studies known for its expertise, experience and scholarship.
The Center for Urban Studies at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University is a state-of-the-art urban design institute with a staff of experienced consultants in the fields of architecture, urban studies and construction engineering, who collaborate with the community on numerous urban growth challenges facing not only the Eastern Province, but also the Kingdom. The Center provides expertise on a variety of issues with its knowledgeable staff of researchers, urban planners, architects, environmental designers and engineers.
- Create a conducive environment for basic and applied research as well as general studies in various areas of urban development in the Eastern Province in particular and the Kingdom in general.
- Provide opportunities for faculty from the College of Architecture and Planning and interested specialists in other colleges of the University to contribute to the evaluation, treatment and management of various urban growth challenges, by providing technical advice to public and private institutions.
- Link the academic and practical expertise of faculty members in order to enrich the concept of human development of the urban environment in general and the local built environment in particular.
- Participate in the development of professionals in the public and private sectors.
- Provide professional counseling in the areas of urban planning and construction engineering.