Transfer to the University

It is an academic cycle where a student transfers from his/her university to another university according to specific conditions, regulations and a period set by the university's Council.

Application Date:

Starts on 06/03/1441 H
Ends on 17/03/1441 H

Required Documents

The applicant should have an updated and official academic record that is sealed by the deanship of admissions and registration in his/her university with his/her current semester and status. The document should be scanned and attached as a PDF while applying.

General conditions for transferring to the University

  1. The applicant should be a regular student in a Government university in the Kingdom or in a recognized international university.
  2. Applicants can transfer from private universities (excepting Health colleges) only if the institution has received accreditation from the Education Evaluation Commission in the Kingdom.
  3. The applicant should not have been suspended from his/her university.
  4. The applicant should apply for a transfer through the student records system according to the Deanship of Admission and Registration's published timetable.
  5. The applicant should achieve any other conditions required determined by the college's council.
  6. Only 50% or less of graduation requirements will be credited for accepted transferring students.
  7. The applicant should not have a previous record in Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University.
  8. Transferring is only for Saudis or those who have a Saudi Mother.
  9. The applicant should pass all medical exams that are required by the University.

Conditions for colleges with a Preparatory Program

  1. The student should have passed in equivalent courses for the preparatory program in Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University. Transferring to the preparatory year is not acceptable.
  2. The student should be studying in a college that has the same track as the college he/she wishes to transfer to.
  3. The student should study a full year in the College of Medicine and the College of Dentistry after finishing its preparatory program and should have registered 24 or more credit hours in specialized subjects for the both colleges.
  4. The applicant should have achieved the required GPA that is determined by the college that he/she wishes to transfer to only after achieving his/her preparatory year program.
  5. The college's council will determine the regulations for crediting subjects that the transferring student has studied.

Regulations for colleges that do not have a Preparatory Year Program

  1. The applicant should have studied no less than 2 semesters in his/her university and has registered no less than 24 credit hours or has finished all preparatory year subjects.
  2. The transferring student should have a GPA of 3 from 5 or 2 from 4 when applying to colleges that don't have a preparatory program.
  3. The college council is allegeable to accept lower GPA's according to the following conditions:
    • Transferring due to change of life situations such as: (Death, retirement, or transfer of guardian – divorce – marriage) with submitting documents that prove the reason.
    • A GPA no less than 2.5 from 5 or 1.5 from 4.
    • Approval of transfer from the college's council.
    • Students who study outside of the Kingdom will be treated as a Mandatory Transfer Applicant. But colleges that do not follow the preparatory year are excluded from this treatment on condition that the applicant's GPA is no less than 2.5 from 5 or 1.5 from 4 with submitting documents that prove his/her necessity to transfer.

Following up on a Previous Application

To follow up on a previous application select the Follow-up Tab. Applicants User name is his/her national ID number and the password is the number added during applying for a transfer.

Finalizing Transfer Procedures

When the applicant receives a transfer acceptance he/she should:

  1. Log in to the (Follow up on a previous application tab) and fill out the required forms, attach the disclaimer received from his/her university.
  2. The following documents should be manually presented to the college of his/her choice:
    • An original updated Academic record that is certified and stamped from the deanship of admissions and registration in his/her old university.
    • A course description for the courses that the applicant successfully achieved.

Apply for a New Transfer Request

Follow up on a Previous Transfer Request