The Deanship of Community Service and Sustainable Development was established with the kind permission of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah on April 14, 2012 as a new administrative deanship, under the direction of the Vice President for Studies, Development and Community Service at the University of Dammam. The Office of the Dean of Community Service and Sustainable Development was inaugurated by the appointment of its dean by the Minister of Higher Education on December 23, 2013.
The Deanship was established with the aim of realizing the University’s vision and mission pertaining to community service and sustainable development as well as developing an overall strategic plan for the future that is in line with the community's needs and aspirations. The Office of the Dean of Community Service and Sustainable Development is committed to finding solutions for some of the community's pressing problems utilizing the three integral dimensions of sustainable development, specifically the social, environmental and economic aspects.
The Deanship is looking forward to coordinating with the UD's colleges as well as the community in the implementation of community service programs. A strategy of interaction and involvement with members of the University, including faculty, students and the administration as well as members of the community will be implemented and the Deanship will act as a bridge between UD and the community. The Office of the Dean of Community Service and Sustainable Development welcomes the participation of all members of the community to join together and play a significant role in UD's success as a driving force towards the development, progress and prosperity of the Kingdom.
Leadership in community service and sustainable development.
Activating the role of the University of Dammam in community service and sustainable development with its social, economic and environmental dimensions in order to meet the needs of today and tomorrow’s generations.
- Apply and disseminate community service and sustainable development policies according to international standards.
- Transfer and localize knowledge according to international quality standards in order to address community issues.
- Enrich the community with scientifically based research studies and qualitative research related to community issues and problems and to ultimately develop meaningful solutions.
- Establish social integration through performing strategic partnerships with both the public and private sectors.
- Achieve institutional sustainability by developing programs and projects and guiding them all the way into the operation stage.
- Promote the concept of volunteerism within the field of community service and sustainable development.
- Improve the perception and image of UD wtih regards to community service.