- Project Management
- Business Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Institutional Structure
- To manage and provide all (academic and non-academic) programs licensed at the university.
- To solve the problems of e-questionnaires
- To manage Twitter account of the Deanship and answer all inquiries.
- To execute all written and electronic advertisements of the Deanship and provide their requirements.
- To coordinate and communicate with external governmental bodies to make e-connection of the University’s services with external systems.
- To prepare and design guidelines of services offered by the Deanship.
- To oversee the Deanship’s webpage on the website of the University and update its contents and designs.
- To prepare the budget of projects in terms of technical, financial and management resources.
- To prepare plans for project development and implementation.
- To manage and follow up projects as per scheduled timetables and provide periodic reports on the status of the projects.
- To follow up working teams technically and administratively.
- To solve project-related problems and propose suitable solutions.
- To ensure that the progress of projects is consistent with the adopted procedures and practices of quality control.
- To ensure that the progressive development of programs is consistent with the adopted procedures and practices of quality control.
- To ensure continuous development of services and to propose solutions, if necessary.
- To develop and review procedures and policies on information technology.
- To guarantee the quality of services offered to customers.
- To control the quality of services through periodic analysis of data.
- To contribute to making an internal careful examination of processes and procedures of Deanship of Information and Communication Technology.
The duties of the Training and Development Department at the Deanship of Information and Communication Technology mainly include two objectives. Firstly, they aim to raise awareness among University students to optimize the use of services provided by the Deanship with excellent quality and performance in compliance with the internationally accepted standards to create an environment of sustainable success. Secondly, such duties also aim to enhance the performance of the Deanship staff at different departments through providing comprehensive opportunities for learning and development with a view to improving technical, administrative and leadership skills of the employees to achieve operational excellence at the Deanship.
- To develop plans for external training for other deanships in universities benefiting from the services
- To develop internal training for the employees of the Deanship of Information and Communication Technology
- To develop training plans for COOP Training projects
- To develop training plans for Knowledge Transfer program
- To set timetables for training plans related to international certificates
- To follow up on the execution of the abovementioned procedures and policies and monitor all comments made during the execution with a view to revising and amending such procedures and policies to increase efficiency, if necessary.
- To develop a mechanism for specialized training at Outsourced Training Centers for making review and follow-up during the execution.
- To count and prepare all documents required to complete the documentation of all requirements of training at the Deanship of Information and Communication Technology.
- To prepare an e-library, to include all kinds of documents of the services offered by the Deanship of Information and Communication Technology.
- To develop a mechanism for the training needs of the Deanship of Information and Communication Technology’s staff.
- To control the abidance of user computers connected to the information network and the networks themselves to established rules
- To guarantee the security and safety of networks used for the exchange of information.
- To guarantee the security and safety of information and data, in addition to providing anti-hacking and protection programs.
- To assume responsibility for the security of data, information and files of all automatic systems and communication networks and systems.
- To send warnings in case the user fails to comply with instructions on the safety and security of data.
- To guarantee that the users will not visit undesired websites.
- To prepare periodic reports and statistics for the Dean of Information and Communication Technology on the users of networks of exchange of information.
- To guarantee the security and protection of information in the network of the University, in addition to controlling any hacking attempts for the network and using advanced control and warning systems.
- To apply security systems for protection of information and data and establish proper rules to avoid causing any damage for computers, servers and networks of communication.
- To create, describe and define systems.
- To analyze detailed requirements of the systems.
- To change the requirements into a document of design.
- To build that system and change the detailed design documents into a final product.
- To test and check the acceptance of the system by the users, in addition making sure that the system or advanced program meets all functional requirements defined during the phase of analysis of the requirements.
- Implementation of the system: To move the program or the program completed, tested and accepted from the analysis phase to production.
- Maintenance of the system: To provide a structure to support the customer/ user and any necessary operational support processes.
- To supervise staff of the Deanship of Information and Communication Technology, including administrative officials and users, and coordinate with the Dean to divide the duties for each department.
- To hold periodic meetings to be acquainted with problems that hinder work progress and report such issues to the Dean.
- To follow up and comment on all work progress-related financial and administrative issues.
- To address relevant departments of the University regarding financial and administrative issues.
- To participate in inventory of fund and warehouses of the Deanship.
- To participate in preparing proposals for the Deanship’s annual budget, particularly in relation to the administrative and technical affairs and requirements of work progress.
- To procure necessary requirements through direct purchase from the Deanship’s advance payment as per the powers and rules of disbursement at the University.
The Technical Support Department staff receive the applications of users through Saned (Support) system from 08:00 am to 02:30 pm during the official working days. The call receiving system records calls to guarantee the quality of offered services and follow up of performance. The work team of the technical support shall provide a solution on the phone, if possible, or send a report to officials to support the users. The work team shall also equip new printers and computers supplied for the University with suitable operating systems and install these systems in the users' devices with regular maintenance, repair and continuous update of the programs. The Technical Support Department’s maintenance center receives non-working computers and accessories from all colleges and departments of the University as per an organized mechanism to maintain the safety of devices. The technical support team monitors technical malfunctions with general maintenance and periodic checking for the devices of labs, in addition to continuous upgrading of programs.
- To receive technical requests and inquiries via Saned System at No.: 31111.
- To solve technical problems remotely and pay field visits for beneficiaries, in necessary.
- To gather necessary data prior to the re-tasking other departments of the Deanship with requests.
- To perform periodic maintenance of labs and make sure they are upgraded.
- To maintain elements of computers and printers at the maintenance center.
- To define the needs of departments for new networks.
- To install and connect computers and their accessories.
- To install and maintain academic programs.
- To manage and develop Saned system.
- To establish standards, rules and criteria for the needed infrastructure of networks inside the buildings and facilities of the University with follow up to check compliance with such rules and criteria.
- To prepare necessary bills of quantities to equip main and secondary communication rooms in all buildings to guarantee connecting all points in the building with wired and wireless network as per the previously mentioned plan and specifications.
- To ensure that the users have access to resources offered by the University, whether via the network of the University or the internet to guarantee that such beneficiaries can fulfill their duties and manage their businesses easily and safely.
- To provide high-speed internet services for all the facilities of the University in all buildings and branches and for all categories of the University, including students, teaching staff, employees and visitors. This step aims to ensure having access to services, whether via wired or wireless devices.
- To provide all services of unified call system, including phone calls, through wired phones and receiving and sending direct lines for all subscribers of the employees and teaching staff, in addition to providing HD video conferences, Webex online meetings, electronic fax, voice mail, interactive service center and general central.
- To guarantee that some users have access, as per granted powers, to some services out the scope the university’s network through the virtual private network (VPN), in addition to providing switch services on smart phones, whether covered or non-covered by the university’s network, when necessary.
- To control data and communication networks and ensure having continuous services around the clock (24/7) and follow up their organization and development, when necessary, in terms of available potential.
- To guarantee safety and security of network operation and provide necessary protection programs and develop powers and rules for connection related to the network, whether servers or terminals, with full compliance.
- To help develop studies and comparisons for systems and solutions to be introduced in the services whether through the Deanship or any other entity in the University to guarantee the selection of the best system with higher levels of quality and lower prices in compliance with the standards and rules of the Deanship.
- To follow up the extraction of data and statistics related to wired and wireless data networks and the networks of branches, communication and the internet as well as all matters related to the security of the network. Such data helps prepare reports sent to the administration of the Deanship of Information and Communication Technology.
- To ensure safe the operation of computers’ systems, computers and information technology with needed efficiency as per the conditions of services provisions stated in the contract of maintenance.
- To test and install programs and operating systems of devices and check their validity with coordination among different systems in the environment of tests prior to moving to the actual operation to maintain fixed and stable operation level.
- To supervise the processes of maintaining, securing and classifying data with mediums of storing, in addition to ensuring having backups for all programs as per the scheduled timetable.
- To follow up the implementation of the stated duties of the department.
- To approve and activate new users of the system after getting the approval of the department of system development.
- To prevent the use of systems that do not match the conditions of use (maintaining confidential information).
- To provide servers with high-level specifications and their cabins, host such servers with full accessories, provide suitable place and environment and design and organize sources of energy and air conditioning to ensure the continuous operation of servers around the clock, in addition to providing sources of exchangeable and alternative energy to use the same in emergency cases.
- To study deficiencies, analyze malfunctions and problems and put suitable solutions for the systems of computer management and information technology.
- To provide the University’s needs of operation and ready-to-use software requirements for infrastructure.
- To provide virtual infrastructure for users to include virtual servers and desktop devices as per the required settings under the policy of the University.
- To develop the specifications of servers’ devices that are consistent with the needs of the University’s institutions as per the best and most updated the standards of management of computers and information technology.
- To provide licensed programs of the University through collective subscription licenses to reduce costs and set unified dates for the beginning and expiration of the license validity to make it easy to follow up their updates and renew necessary contracts.
- To provide the services of centralized updating and upgrading programs and systems for all personal devices and servers.
- To control different systems such as web services, emails and Active Directory and send reports via emails and warnings in case of having any breakdown or malfunctions.
- To offer the services of emails and solve the problems of emails.
- To provide e-models of beneficiaries and issue secret codes for beneficiaries.
- To provide services that require high-level quality calculators for scientific researches.
- To provide services database, including the control, upgrade and management by the department of infrastructure.