Welcome to the Learning Resource Page of the Deanship of Library Affairs at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University. Whether you are on campus or connecting with us remotely, I invite you to explore and make full use of the services and collections available.
Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University has 16 libraries; 3 Central, 13 Satellite that are located on the two IAU campuses in the city of Dammam, as well as the various IAU campuses in Jubail, Qatif.
The Deanship of Library Affairs at the University of Dammam has a distinguished collection of both printed and electronic resources to support our faculty, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students. This is in line with both the vision and mission of the Deanship of Library Affairs in its endeavor to fulfill the principles of the collection development policy in order to support all university programs and research.
Here you will find the academic materials that will support all learning endeavors by utilizing the following tools:
- E-Resources: These resources will direct you to the UD library E-Resources Portal where you can search all electronic databases that UD has subscribed to.
- Summon: This federated search engine will help you simultaneously search all printed and electronic resources at the libraries of UD. Abstracts or the full text of articles and E-books can be viewed. Summon can suggest the most relevant databases that best suit your research needs.
- Library catalog-OPAC: This helps you find your resources from books and E-books with a link for full text display.
- Institutional repository: This is an effective tool for searching the publications of UD's faculty, including theses and research papers published in both international and regional journals.
We welcome your thoughts and comments about your experience exploring UD's libraries. More importantly, we would appreciate your suggestions on how we could improve and serve you better.
University's vision is "to become Dammam University Libraries innovative partner within the letter of the University's academic and support the development of knowledge and sharpen critical thinking, as well as to develop the skills of information retrieval and in the direction of building a society provides opportunities for lifelong learning".
The mission of the libraries of the University of Dammam in the "support mission of the university mainly through the provision of resources and learning environment and research encourages critical thinking within the academic community and the workers libraries provide the service for a wide range of faculty members and students through the selection processes, organization and retrieval and the availability of sources of information and knowledge different to as well as providing guidance for each of them in addition to providing activities beyond the perimeter of the university to extend to the surrounding community. "
- To provide a well- organized collection of books, periodicals, (both print & electronic) which meets the instructional needs of students and faculty in order to support the courses, research programs and degrees offered.
- To select, organize and preserve the learning resources (both print & digital) which are needed for undergraduate, Post graduate education and research.
- To Promote information literacy skills and assist the academic community in making effective use of information in many formats.
- To provide assistance to faculty members and students through various mechanisms of providing information, in order to make optimum use of the library services.
- To establish the appropriate infrastructure for information and communication technology for all libraries to give adequate service to its users.
Strategic Objectives and Priorities
Plan adopted Dammam University Library a number of strategies are:
- Strategy No. 1: the recruitment of qualified and experienced in the field
- Strategy No. 2: provision of physical facilities suit the needs of both employees and beneficiaries
- Strategy No. 3 : Understanding the needs of the beneficiary community
- Strategy No. 4 : the establishment of a supervisory structure and the development of policies library
- Strategy No. 5: Provide updated information sources
- Strategy No. 6 : Provide proactive Information Services
- Strategy No. 7: the formulation of training programs for workers during the service.