Welcome to the Learning Resource Page of the Deanship of Library Affairs at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University. Whether you are on campus or connecting with us remotely, I invite you to explore and make full use of the services and collections available.
Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University has 16 libraries; 3 Central, 13 Satellite that are located on the two IAU campuses in the city of Dammam, as well as the various IAU campuses in Jubail, Qatif.
The Deanship of Library Affairs at Imam AbdulRahman bin Faisal University has a distinguished collection of both printed and electronic resources to support our faculty, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students. This is in line with both the vision and mission of the Deanship of Library Affairs in its endeavor to fulfill the principles of the collection development policy in order to support all university programs and research.
Here you will find the academic materials that will support all learning endeavors by utilizing the following tools:
- E-Resources: These resources will direct you to the IAU library E-Resources Portal where you can search all electronic databases that IAU has subscribed to.
- Summon: This federated search engine will help you simultaneously search all printed and electronic resources at the libraries of IAU. Abstracts or the full text of articles and E-books can be viewed. Summon can suggest the most relevant databases that best suit your research needs.
- Library catalog-OPAC: This helps you find your resources from books and E-books with a link for full text display.
- Institutional repository: This is an effective tool for searching the publications of IAU's faculty, including theses and research papers published in both international and regional journals.
We welcome your thoughts and comments about your experience exploring IAU's libraries. More importantly, we would appreciate your suggestions on how we could improve and serve you better.
Advanced support to provide innovative knowledge and research services with effective community partnership
- Provide Access to knowledge sources’ available for patrons.
- Enhance partnership with patrons and strength their connection.
- Stimulate and enable Patrons learning skills continuously.
- Work in a team spirit and develop specialists’ competences to use knowledge resources.
- Connect with professionals continuously.
- Work in a Safe Environment.
- To provide a well- organized collection of books, periodicals, (both print & electronic) which meets the instructional needs of students and faculty in order to support the courses, research programs and degrees offered.
- To select, organize and preserve the learning resources (both print & digital) which are needed for undergraduate, Post graduate education and research.
- To Promote information literacy skills and assist the academic community in making effective use of information in many formats.
- To provide assistance to faculty members and students through various mechanisms of providing information, in order to make optimum use of the library services.
- To establish the appropriate infrastructure for information and communication technology for all libraries to give adequate service to its users.
Strategic Objectives and Priorities
Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University's Library adopted a number of strategies that are:
- Strategy No. 1: the recruitment of qualified and experienced in the field
- Strategy No. 2: provision of physical facilities suit the needs of both employees and beneficiaries
- Strategy No. 3 : Understanding the needs of the beneficiary community
- Strategy No. 4 : the establishment of a supervisory structure and the development of policies library
- Strategy No. 5: Provide updated information sources
- Strategy No. 6 : Provide proactive Information Services
- Strategy No. 7: the formulation of training programs for workers during the service.