The goal of the Library’s Scientific Literature Documentation Department is to showcase the innovative research being conducted at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, while maximizing the visibility, use and impact of scientific and academic research publications. This department is committed to preserving and disseminating the scientific research publications and scholarly communications conducted by Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University’s students in the form of theses and dissertations as well as the scientific research publications of IAU’s faculty.
- Preserve and archive Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University’s scientific research.
- Maintain the interoperability of an institutional repository.
- Resolve intellectual property rights, author’s rights and permissions with national and international scientific research bodies for dissemination of research through IAU’s institutional repository.
- Disseminate and bring awareness to the scientific research conducted by IAU’s students and faculty.
- Receipt of printed and electronic theses and dissertations.
- Scan printed theses and dissertations for linguistic corrections through Optical Character Recognition (OCR) programs.
- Catalogue theses and dissertations in accordance with the Dublin Core Metadata Standard.
- Upload electronic theses and dissertations onto the digital repository website.
- Upload bibliographic information of digitized theses and dissertations onto OPAC.
- Archive and preserve electronic theses and dissertations via external storage.
- Explore and attain the copyrights of national and internationally published full text research papers of Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University’s faculty members in order to maintain intellectual property rights.
- Provide user training for the digital repository.