At the heart of the Madina Jamia Campus of Imam AbdulRahman bin Faisal University, Central Library is opened for male students on May 2014. This is a new, hi-tech, purpose built three story building. It serves all faculty and students of Imam AbdulRahman bin Faisal University in addition to local public community.
This library currently holds 54,428 no. of printed items, 386 databases covering 69164 e-journal plus 228 annually subscribed printed journals and 395,010 e-book. Back issues of Printed journals are preserved for research and consultation. Imam AbdulRahman bin Faisal University’s graduate and post graduate theses collection is also shelved in this library. Special Collection and Govt. Publications section are also managed in the library.
Central Library Staff
Dr. Mirza Muhammad Naseer
Director, Central Library (Main)
Mouawia Hassan Mohamed Saeed
Lecturer, Assistant to Director Library (Main)
Sadiq Saeed Ali Alhouri
Circulation Desk supervisor & ILL coordinator
Ali Hassan Alsuwaimel
Librarian for special collections, CDs’ & Theses Section
Mohamed Hassan Akuwail
Librarian for Govt publications and Arabic serials
Central Library (Main), Opposite to Masjid, Madina Jamiah Campus, Imam AbdulRahman bin Faisal University. Saudi Arabia. Zip Code: 31451, P.O. Box 1982
Sunday – Thursday
8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
9:00 AM – 04:00 PM
Extended Timing during Exam
(As per instruction of Administration)
Services & Facilities
There is a large range of services offered by central library to the IAU’s community within and outside the campus. These services includes:
- User-friendly study hours during regular teaching hours and examinations throughout academic year.
- Books circulation and reservation services through circulation desk and/or self-check-in & check-out.
- Online reservation/ renewal and ILL request link
- Interlibrary loan facility within IAU libraries.
- Physical to virtual reference services i.e. one on one, online chat, email.
- Online public access library catalog for searching
- Electronic Resources search through E-Resources portal.
- Orientations and training programs for freshman and for new users.
- Research support through ILRC programs and librarian liaisons.
- University special events support services i.e. seminar rooms & grand seminar hall etc.
- Computer labs, Wi-Fi, assistance in device connectivity, smart boards for teaching and collaborative learning
- Group study rooms for academic presentation and research purposes.
- Free scanning facility on each floor subject to Kingdom & international copy right Law.
- Priced print/photocopy self-services on each floor.
- Book drop facility during off times.
- Current awareness and SDI via IAU libraries OPAC.
Following ICT equipment and software support is available at central library
|General use computers||53||-||103|
|OPAC Special Needs||2||1||-|
|Black & white photocopy come printer||1||1||1|
|Color photocopy come printer||-||1||-|
|Podium / Projector||1||-||5|
|Video conference facility||-||-||1|
Software Available through VM Ware
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Flash Professional
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio and MS-Project professional.
- Real Player