Nursing College Library is a Branch Library, started in 1431 H. under the Deanship of Library Affairs. This library serves the faculty and students of College of Nursing as reference library. It is also connected with the other 19 libraries of Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University.
The basic objectives of establishing this library is to serve the students and staff at the Nursing College by:
- Providing immediate and easy access to core books and reading material (print);
- Providing computer access points for searching and using electronic resources;
- Working as a reading space for staff and students;
- Working as a peripheral library in conjunction with other libraries working under the Deanship of Library Affairs, which also have rich collection related to nursing.
The library acts a reading room and its collection consists of about 536 books and journals related to Nursing. Major Library of Congress Classification main classes in the library collection:
- BF- Psychology
- HA- Statistics
- HD- Industries.
- HF- Commerce
- HN- Social history and conditions. Social problems. Social reform
- KD- Law (United Kingdom)
- LB- Theory and practice of education
- PE- English language
- QA- Mathematics
- QH- Natural history – Biology
- QP- Physiology
- QM- Human anatomy
- QR- Microbiology
- R- Medicine
- RA- Public aspects of medicine
- RB- Pathology
- RC- Internal medicine
- RD- Surgery
- RG- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- RJ- Pediatrics
- RM- Therapeutics. Pharmacology
- RS- Pharmacy and material medicine
- RT- Nursing
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Sunday – Thursday
Nursing library offers a wide range of services for faculty and students. Following are services:
- Reading spaces for using the print material.
- Reference and Information Services (On-the-Spot and Virtual reference service);
- Information Literacy Courses for the students and faculty;
- Borrowing of books (for staff only**);
- Interlibrary loan (for staff only);
- Referral service (referring the users particularly students to other libraries for using\borrowing the needed material);
- Article Alert Service;
- Computer terminals with Internet connections for accessing electronic resources;
- Printing facility;
- Answering the basic queries related to ILRC and/or forwarding the advanced queries to the main ILRC at the Building#85.
There is a collection of CD-ROMs as well, and following are the major subject areas:
- NURSING ETHICS
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- NURSING RESEARCH.
- OB/ GYN NURSING
- PEDIA NURSING
- PSYCHIATRIC NURSING
- MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSING.
Deanship of Library Affaires acquire a large range of electronic resources to support the teaching and research. There are 65 major databases and 175 sub level databases on different subjects. There are 41 subject based databases, 24 are multidisciplinary, one protocol database and one images database. There are 587, 45 e-journals on unique subject fields and 137 individually subscribed journals. There are 285,813 e-books’ titles.
Dr. Muneera S. Almosallam
Address: Building-C3, Nursing College- Main Campus, University of Dammam.
Dammam, Saudi Arabia. Zip Code: 31451, P.O. Box 1982