The university libraries at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University are open to the following university affiliates and members of the public:
- IAU undergraduate and graduate students
- Researchers and post-graduate students affiliated with other universities
- IAU faculty
- IAU staff
- Members of the general public.
- This is a lifetime membership
- IAU Honorary library members have borrowing privileges
- Honorary members have access to and can download from online databases
- Honorary members will receive updated information about what services are available
- All IAU affiliates, including: students, faculty and staff are eligible for free library memberships
- All honorary membership are also free.
Fee based membership services
All other library memberships are subject to a fee, as described below:
|Time Limit||Students from other universities||Non UoD Affiliates||Earnest Money|
|One Year||The library membership fee is waived||SAR 100||SAR 500|
Required documents for library membership:
- Completed library application form
- Passport sized photos
- A copy of thier National ID card
- A copy of a valid passport/iqama for non-Saudi applicants.
- Completed membership renewal form
- One passport sized photo
- Membership fee
Lost or damaged library cards
- Completed duplicate card form
- 50 SAR administrative fee
- One passport sized photo
Circulation privileges according to types of library material
|Permission||Type of Library Materials|
|Issuable materials||Single or multi-volume books|
|Non-issuable materials||Only one copy of the text is available at the library, reference book, manuscripts, rare books, used books, i.e. LC, DDC etc, statistics, graphs, theses, periodicals in English and Arabic, audio visual materials, e-books, bulletins, book notes, students projects and text books|
IAU Undergraduate Students
Students are allowed to check out up to three books for a period of two weeks and can renew them for an additional week. The renewal should be made one day before the due date. A student must wait 15 days until they can borrow the same book again.
Up to three books can be reserved for one week and the student can collect these books on a first come, first serve basis. If the student fails to collect the reserved texts, he/she will forfeit his/her reservation.
In the case of overdue books, the library will send a reminder after the due date, and if there is no response from the student, a 1 SAR fine will be charged for each day, per book during the first week the book is overdue, which will double to 2 SAR per day, per book. If the fine reaches 500 SAR, the fine will be placed on the University system. In addition to the fines, for every week a student has a past due book, he/she will loose their library privileges for the same amount of time. If a student’s account is not cleared within 45 days, he/she will lose their library privileges for an entire semester.
IAU Graduate Students
IAU graduate students are allowed to check out up to five books for a period of two weeks, and can renew them for an additional week. The renewal should be made one day before the due date. A student must wait 15 days until they can borrow the same book again.
Up to five books can be reserved for one week and the student can collect these books on a first come, first serve basis. If the student fails to collect the reserved texts, he/she will forfeit his/her reservation.
- .If the graduate student fails to return his/her books on time, the same rules that apply to UoD undergraduates will apply to graduate students as outlined above.
Students from Other Universities
The same rules for IAU’s undergraduate students apply to students from other universities.
University lecturers and teaching staff
Up to five books or five multi-volume books may be checked out at a time.
Material will be issued for three weeks and can be renewed for an additional week. There is a 15 day waiting period until the same books can be checked out again by the borrower.
- The policies for overdue books and fines are the same as for the students as discussed previously
The policies are the same as for IAU undergraduate students as outlined above.
General rules and policies
- The University will not issue any final paperwork to a IAU student/employee/faculty/staff member until the library clearance has been received in order to make sure that any financial matters have been taken care of.
- In the case of damaged or lost material, the library will charge the individual the replacement cost of the material plus a 50 SAR fee for processing.
- In the case of rare, bequeathed, out-of-print, one-of-a-kind texts, the library administration will determine an appropriate cost, plus 10% and the borrower must pay this amount. The library’s decision will be final and will not be up for discussion.
- If any library member violates the circulation rules, the library has the right to cancel all the member’s circulation privileges.
- All library members must complete the membership form with their information and interests.
- Only library members will be allowed access to the library’s circulation services.
- Renewals can be made in person, on the phone, via email or through the library’s website.
- Overdue reminders will be sent by email or SMS.
- The library has the right to recall any issued material.
- No library member can check out more than one copy of the same title simultaneously.
- The library expects that their books are handled with care by the borrowers and that they are returned to the library in good condition. Library membership is a privilege.
- The library has the right to adjust the circulation time for any material that is in high demand.
- Fines incurred by IAU faculty, teaching staff and university staff may be deducted directly from their salaries.
- The above-mentioned rules are subject to revision with the approval of the University Council.