The vision of the Department of Management Information Systems is to fulfill the needs of the labor market with dedicated accomplished professionals in management information systems. The department is also committed to providing the region with graduates who are committed to enriching the discipline with inventive original research.
The mission of the department is to reach out to those aspiring students who have the ability and desire to learn, whether as full-time students at the Dammam campus or those enrolled in the distance learning program in order to prepare them to participate in the national labor market and serve the local community.
The Management Information Systems Department is committed to pursuing the following objectives:
- To prepare our graduates with a broad and in depth background in the science of management information systems so that they will be able to successfully apply what they have learned in the business world.
- To train our students so that they will be able to meet the recent challenges in the administrative fields by designing innovative and practical computer programs to resolve these challenges.
- To produce accomplished graduates who have the experience and ability to design, analyze and operate a variety of information systems for different organizations.
To provide students with the knowledge and skills so that they will manage the administrative process effectively.
To provide consultation to institutions and companies in order to solve problems.
- To provide the local community and the nation as well with accomplished knowledgeable professionals in the area of management information systems.
- To publish original research with a focus on the practical aspects of e-business and ERP system installations.
- To contribute to economic development both locally and regionally through scientific research and information exchange.
The plan of the Department of Management Information Systems is focused on accomplishing the following goals:
- Have the ability to acquire knowledge and to identify sources.
- Be aware of database privacy and develop ways of proactively combatting it.
- Be well versed in the common applications for management information systems such as decision support systems, accounting systems and financial systems.
- Recognize and be familiar with different information systems, such as: Internet applications, e-commerce, e-government, artificial intelligence and expert systems.
- Possess the ability to sort information and determine what is required in light of validity and relevance.
- Have the ability to comprehend programming concepts and data structures.
- Be able to understand how to use technology in order to serve the community.
- Be able to obtain targeted information in order to resolve problems and have the knowledge and expertise to make any necessary decisions.
- Develop the ability to obtain necessary information and have the interpersonal skills to interact with others.
- Be able to save, maintain and update information.
- Develop and demonstrate effective professional communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to use modern tools involved in computer information systems.
- Be able to develop and create appropriate computer software in order to save time, effort and costs related to routine office work.
- Be able to build e-commerce sites.