The Department of Communication and Information Technology at the Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University Women’s College of Arts was established in response to the demand in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia for academically qualified and trained professionals in the field of communication and information technology. This Department began in the 2013-2014 academic year.
The program has been designed to address four key areas:
- The general academic program
- Electronic publishing and press
- Radio and television
- Public relations and advertising
The Communication and Information Technology Department is committed to its students by providing them with the academic foundation and the professional skills and experience necessary to become successful professionals in the communication and information technology field as well as exceed the demands of both the national and international job markets.
Excel in the preparation of professionals who will contribute to the process of knowledge construction and community development in the numerous areas of communication and media technology, while creating and developing rigorous academic, technical and research programs.
Prepare outstanding creative communication and media technology professionals who are equipped with the theoretical, research and professional skills and ethics that are required to compete locally, regionally and internationally and in accordance with international quality standards.
- Provide a distinguished education, while maintaining the highest quality standards in the disciplines of communication and media technology.
- Improve and develop the students’ scientific, critical and analytical thinking methods and assist them in various research methodologies and enhance their writing skills.
- Develop the students’ skills and train them in the latest developments in the field of communication and information technologies.
- Incorporate and promote Islamic values and ethics in the disciplines of communication and media technology.
- Expand the students’ capabilities in dealing with contemporary issues in the local, regional and international communities.
- Prepare the students in order to meet the requirements of the labor market in the areas of communication and information technologies.