The History Department at the Women’s College of Arts in Dammam was established in 1979-1980 CE and the first class graduated in 1983.
The Department offers three degree programs:
The new academic plan for the Bachelor of Art degree in History was implemented during the 2009-2010 academic year. This program is designed to teach the history of mankind with an emphasis on Islamic history as well as concentration on the Kingdom’s history. This is conducted through integrated courses, which concentrate on historically critical periods and regions and a historical approach based on the critical analysis of reliable sources is used.
To be an academic leader in the disciplines of history and contemporary studies: locally, regionally and internationally.
Provide preeminent cognitive and research services in the disciplines of history and contemporary cultural studies, while initiating and building effective community partnerships.
- Prepare innovative, resourceful students equipped with the necessary cognitive and leadership skills and in depth research experience.
- Graduate competitive professionals who have incorporated the values inherent to Islam that will not only unify them, but will enhance the nation’s identity as well.
- Improve and refine strategies that will help in the development of self- directed learning and elevate their higher level thinking skills in accordance with current quality standards.
- Foster and develop the students’ concept of ethics in research and scientific integrity.
- Create a supportive and stimulating learning environment by providing a variety of learning resources.