The University established this academic program in the 2009-2010 academic year in order to provide women with the academic skills and background necessary to meet the demands of the job market in Saudi Arabia. IAU in general and The College of Arts in particular, strives for the continuous development of excellence in its academic programs, while keeping up-to-date with the latest in technology in order to ensure that the University serves and supports Saudi society.
To become a leader in the field of Library and Information Science: locally, regionally and globally.
Provide an exceptional education in the Library and Information Science field and contribute to the construction of knowledge, develop scientific research and promote life-long learning.
- Provide high quality academic programs in the discipline of Library and Information Science at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Prepare professional graduates who are equipped with the knowledge and skills of knowledge management and who are ready to meet the challenges of the labor market.
- Enrich scientific research in the field of library and information science with regards to the needs of the community and future aspirations.
- Enforce and abide by the ethics of the library and information sciences.
- Contribute to serving the community by disseminating information and improving the IT skills of community members.