This is a 6 year full-time ungraduated program. students are required to take one preparatory years for the pharmacy study. In year 6, they need to complete Pharmacy Internship for 12 one-month rotations in various specialities, e.g. hospital pharmacy practice, internal medicine, etc. After graduation, they can work as a clinical pharmacist in hospitals, community pharmacies (for only males now), primary health care centres, Ministry of health, drug companies or other organisations dealing with medicines. Aside from that, they will be able to pursuer MSc/PhD programs or other courses they like.
- College of Clinical Pharmacy
- Female, Male
- Years of study
- Credit hours
- Additional requirements
the PharmD Program has strived to prepare competent pharmacy students with required attributes, together with Islamic values, which include:
- Scientific excellence in the various branches of pharmaceutical scions and as highly qualified pharmacists providing the community with high-quality, locally-manufactured medicines and scrutinizing the quality of imported ones.
- Active interaction and cooperation with healthcare team members to provide optimum pharmaceutical care with global standards for patients and customers.
- Active participation in scientific research to promote the well-being of the community for the achievement of patient’s optimum health needs.
- the program is also intended to help students prepare themselves for their employment in pharmacy profession and further students.
The program aims to:
- Enable students to develop the understanding of the principles of pharmacy practice and pharmaceutical sciences and apply them to their practice.
- Help them acquire basic knowledge and skills in research for their future careers.
- Assist them to become prepared for their employment in the pharmacy profession and further students.