CCSIT is very keen to prepare, develop and apply special academic advising programs to orient and advise students on curriculum, study courses, college departments and available student's activities. This starts from admission to the college and continues throughout the years of study. Faculty member is assigned many students, who should be advised during the duration of the academic plan in IAU. The students are encouraged to regularly meet with their advisers to develop and implement appropriate educational plans that are consistent with their personal values, abilities, and goal, as well as other academic concerns. Advisors on the other hand, are expected to provide an utmost supervision on the performance of the students and pertinent advice for them to make the most of their college experience.
The Academic Advising Committee chaired by Dr. S.O. Olatunji, also known as Dr Aadam, aims to achieve the following objectives:
- Guide the students to have a substantial college experience.
- Help students to understand University policies and procedures.
- Assist the students to plan and achieve their study plan adhering with their abilities and interest.
- Aid students to monitor and evaluate their academic progress.
- Assist students to select the academic major appropriate to their abilities and interests.
- Direct students to proper authority in the college for special cases as needed.
- Encourage student to participate in other academic and non-academic activities of the college.
- Help the students to identify future employment opportunities.
- Support the students, if necessary, in dealing with social or personal problems.
For or non-academic concerns the college also provide students counselling service to create healthy environment for students wellbeing service, overcome personal and emotional problems, and ensure students feel comfortable during the course of their study at IAU. The students counseling at CCSIT is open to all the students, and the services are free and confidential to assist students recognize problems and difficulties, which the students may encounter during their studies, solve these problems as possible, as well as to encourage their participation and cooperation with their colleagues in other colleges and to interact with the community at large.