Within the framework of the continuous pursuit of the Ninth Development Plan issued by the Ministry of Economy and Planning in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and under the service standards that are administered by the Saudi Organization for Standardization, Metrology and Quality, the University of Imam Abdul Rahman bin Faisal and the Faculty of Education, in particular, are moving towards the development and modernization of scientific and research in the various fields of psychology to meet the indicators of the labor market and the needs of Saudi Arabia. This is in view of the lack of high programs specialized in the field of School Guidance, Education and Psychology, department starts a master's program in school counseling, hoping to be a serious step towards development and modernization in this important and vital level, at the level of individuals and society.
The program seeks to graduate specialists with a high degree of excellence in the field of school guidance nationally and regionally.
Preparing specialized educational staff to practice psychological counseling on scientific and practical bases that enable them to work in the field of school guidance, able to compete through the program, able to respond effectively to the needs of Saudi society and solve the problems in the school field.
Goals of the Program
(Article 1, Chapter 1). Based on the indicators of the Ninth Development Plan issued by the Ministry of Economy and Planning, and in light of the standards of the Saudi Organization for Standardization, Metrology and Quality, The current program aims to:
- Provide students with a broad base of theories and techniques and recent studies in the field of school counselling.
- Provide students practical ability to work with high professional competence with the counselling groups in the field of school counselling through field exercises.
- Train students in practice on how (preparation and design) to research and conduct scientific studies in the areas of school counselling.
- Qualify students scientifically to upgrade and join the PhD degree in the field of school counselling, to meet the needs and wishes of many bachelor degree graduates in the Eastern region from different academic disciplines wishing to complete their studies in the field of school counselling.
- Provide students with a scientific background on the Islamic view of human behavior in the field of school counselling.
- College of Education Dammam
- Arts and Education
- Female, Male
- Years of study
- 2 (2)
- Credit hours
- Additional requirements
- Written Dissertation
The program is conducted through courses and a thesis.
32 study units + 6 Thesis