The Intercommunication Meeting was held on Saturday, September 18, 2016.
During four days IAU's Health Club members examined 1100 intermediate and high school students in Al Khobar district this was in accordance with the Saudi Diabetes & Endocrine Association program. The volunteers examined students’ blood sugar and blood pressure, and they measured their height and weight.
Family and Community Medicine Department
The Health Education Department
April 12, 2016
October, 21-22-23, 2015
- Community awareness of the importance of early detection of breast cancer by clarifying all possible ways.
- The importance of community support for infected lady through the activation of the initiative are not alone.
18-20 April 2016
Child Wellness Campaign pursue the following broad goals:
- To promote a general "wellness" education with the objective of improving children's’ health while reducing the incidence and controlling common and chronic childhood diseases such as obesity, asthma and diabetes.
- The campaign should serve as a "learning library" to allow children, caregivers and teachers acquire more than just a basic knowledge related to various health aspects.
In order to achieve our goals, we have established the following specific objectives:
- Provide knowledge combined with instructional techniques and strategies designed to effectively deliver accurate educational material related to the child's health.
- To increase awareness of common chronic diseases that should involve sharing information with families and the broader community to positively impact children and the health of the community.
- To provide support to families affected with chronic diseases while expanding community programs.
- Encourage families to be advocates for healthy children.
Identifying the following
- A healthy diet and its relationship with the functions of the human body
- Nutrition and diseases
- Impact of consuming Junk food, food coloring and flavoring, beverage, chemicals, fertilizers and additives