The curriculum of the Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN), at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, is distinguished by its comprehensiveness and objectivity. It has been developed in both a scientific and methodological way in order to match the accredited curricula in international universities, and has been designed to keep up with the latest academic developments and applications as well as to meet the requirements of the NCAAA. The curriculum also covers the various health problems peculiar to the Saudi Arabian community, so that our graduates have a clear understanding and appreciation of their future clients’ specific concerns.
To be an innovative cornerstone of nursing education nationally, regionally and internationally through the use of technology within a caring context.
To offer a dynamic, comprehensive and innovative educational experience that will enable students to expand their nursing knowledge and enhance their professional skills in order to meet the health care needs of the community within the context of Islamic culture, beliefs and values.
- Provide quality education in nursing for Saudi nurses who graduate with high scientific and clinical competencies.
- Utilize concepts from the humanities and behavioural sciences in the nursing practice.
- Practice legal and ethical standards of the nursing profession.
- Develop professional knowledge and practice through a problem-solving approach and evidence-based learning.
- Utilize electronic administration and health information resources.
- Apply leadership and managerial skills to attain quality care.
- Focus on the commitment to the principle of “lifelong learning”.
- Comply with and incorporate Islamic and community beliefs with the ethics of the profession.
- Quality performance.
- Development of confidence.
- Pursuit of self-education.
The graduates will be able to:
- Provide competent and culturally sensitive nursing services in response to the changing needs of the society and in accordance with both legal and ethical standards.
- Communicate effectively with clients, family and other health professionals.
- Use critical thinking, problem solving and scientific inquiry in the practice of nursing and in monitoring and ensuring the quality of health care.
- Use their nursing knowledge and skills in partnership with clients and families in order to maintain and promote health and well being as well as provide care and support during illness.
- Implement the Standards of Nursing Practice.
- Use different approaches to assess, protect and promote the health of the community.
- Meet challenges produced by ongoing changes in the provision of health care.
- Participate in the preventive, promotive, curative, rehabilitative and supportive services.
- Demonstrate care by utilizing theory and evidence based nursing interventions.
- Collaborate with clients and other health professionals to provide culturally sensitive nursing care.
- Appreciate how specific environments and socio-political, cultural and historical conditions affect health behavior, professional practice and public policy.
- Apply leadership and managerial skills to attain quality care for clients and quality of the working environment for co-workers.
- Engage in self-directed, life-long learning, reflective and evidence-based practice.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is currently witnessing fast, continuous and comprehensive developments based on science and technology. This has been reflected in the nursing sciences and in nursing education. To catch up with these developments, it is necessary to train and qualify professionals who are highly competent and capable of providing high quality nursing services to Saudi nationals in the Kingdom.
The aim of the Graduate Nursing Program is to train nurses who are clinically specialized and who in the future will become faculty members, researchers or administrators capable of developing and executing new innovative ideas utilizing their education and administration tools.
The graduates of the Graduate Nursing Program will be:
- Capable of providing high quality nursing services based on use of evidence and proofs.
- Highly trained and skilled to carry out their academic and administrative roles.
- Clinical nurse specialists and administrators who are capable of assuming a teaching role in different nursing specialties in the College.
- Nurse specialists will be well trained and highly skilled in assuming leadership and academic roles.
- Nurse specialists who are capable of developing and guiding nursing research in different nursing specialties.
- Able to utilize both physical and human resources of the faculty from the College and the Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University .
- Capable of carrying out scientific research in the nursing field in order to enrich knowledge in the realm of health care.