Special Education, which officially started in the academic year 1431-1432 H, is a newly founded department in the College of Education for Girls in Jubail, in response to the growing need in Saudi Arabia for qualified teachers specialized in dealing with people with special needs. In the near future, the department aspires to offer other curricula such as mental and hearing disabilities and the talented education.
The department aspires to have a leading position amongst other Saudi Special Education departments in excellent and motivating academic educational environments.
To graduate qualified Special Education female teachers in accordance with quality and academic accreditation standards as well as Islamic ethics.
- Preparing qualified female teachers and providing them with knowledge and skills required to work with people with special needs.
- Enabling graduates of special education to put theory into practice as well as to plan, implement and manage educational activities relevant to special education.
- Developing the skill of using modern technology in planning, implementing and managing educational activities relevant to special education.
- Enabling graduates to communicate efficiently with students, parents and community members.
- Enabling graduates to positively interact with changes and developments in educational process.
- Cooperating with social institutions concerned with children with special needs.
- Preserving Arab identity and Islamic culture.