Awareness & Community Service Unit is one of the departments of the Development and Community Partnership Vice-Presidency at College of Science. It subordinates to Community Partnership Directorate at the managerial level. It aims to activate the college's role in developing community service through the community services provided by the various scientific disciplines of the college, such as publishing and documenting volunteering work at the college level.
Community Service Unity tasks
- Activating community partnerships at the university.
- Activating the volunteer work platform and spreading awareness of the importance of monitoring volunteer hours by opening voluntary opportunities.
- Spreading a culture of community service among the college employees.
- Documenting the community activities presented at the college level and preparing its reports in the bank of community responsibility.
- Communicate with the external authorities to implement social programs and activities.
- Permanent communication with the Department of Community Partnerships to support community service operations at the college level and its programs.
Community services offered by the Faculty of Science
- Established a summer program for Mawhiba students SA RSI 15 from 7/6/2015 to 9/7/2015.
- Established a summer program for Mawhiba students SA RSI 16 from 17/7/2016 to 21/8/2016.
Both programs were conducted jointly with Saudi Aramco, King Abdulaziz and His Companions Foundation for Giftedness and Creativity (Mawhiba), and CEE institute. It aimed to enhance the leadership and cognitive skills of the students, and to enrich the knowledge and administrative exchange between Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University and partners in the agreement.
- Established a program (The First Mawhiba Enrichment) at the Faculty of Science during the period from Tuesday 6/5/1439 to 23/1/2018 until Thursday 8/5/1439 to 25/1/2018, during which various scientific and enrichment lectures were presented over three days to (300) talented female students from the first grade of secondary school.
- Established a program (The Second Mawhiba Enrichment) at the Faculty of Science on Tuesday 11/6/1439 to 27/2/2018, during which lectures were presented in abstract algebra, the Matlab program and the SPSS statistical program for (100) talented female students from the second grade of secondary school.
- Established a program (Science and Mawhiba) at the Faculty of Science during the period from Tuesday 8/7/1441 to 3/3/2020 until Thursday 10/7/1441 to 5/7/2020, during which various scientific and enrichment lectures were provided over three days to (300) talented female students from the first and second grades of secondary school.
- Research discipleship (1) is an enrichment opportunity for talented students in the field of scientific research, where they have a wide field to acquire scientific and practical experiences specialized in their field of interest, care for talented students and invest in their capabilities and preparations by accompanying them on a journey of knowledge and education to establish a promising generation to lead society.
- We are all Aoun's initiative to collect and distribute standard achievement and aptitude books in cooperation with the Voluntary Work Association and redistributing it to students affiliated with charitable organization.
- The young leadership initiative, in cooperation with Benaa Association, which aims to enhance the leadership and cognitive skills among high school students and enrich the knowledge and administrative exchange between Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal university and the Association.
- Initiative (Office Bag for Projects) Explain a brief about some important programs for a specific group of society to benefit them on a personal and public level to qualify them for the labor market in cooperation with Wud Charitable Association for Takaful and Family Development.
- The creative video industry initiative aims to teach the basics to produce visual content with audio backgrounds and show it at distinct angles on the phone through the Kime Master program and targets high school students.