Community colleges have been founded in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia as a step to meet the increasing demand on higher education from high school graduates. When first established, It consisted of only one major, the computing department. The eastern province had the advantage to be a home of Community College of Qatif on 1423 H. The college continued teaching this major until 1434 h, the college then, has developed programs in line with the labor market needs. The Computing Department now includes three tracks: Information Technology, Information System and Computer Science. In addition to the Business Administration Department which has been added later on 1436, and includes four tracks: Investment, Finance, Insurance and Supply Management. The college has also expanded the building and increased the staff, and the community college has four buildings in 1434 h, two buildings in Qatif and two buildings in Dammam, and recently a fifth one in 1439 h to attract the transformed students from AlRakah headquarter.
The college will persistently keep on planning and founding other vocational programs according to the strategic plans and the labor market demands, as it aims to create suitably crafted and skilled human resources with high competencies to eligibly fit the labor market. Thus, the program has 98 credit hours for three years, which is all taught in English language, where the graduate will receive at the end the advanced diploma degree. In addition, the college is highly specific in choosing faculty members to provide the best quality education to students. The college seeks to include and encourage students to participate in different social, volunteering, cultural, religious and educational activities, to cultivate the inventive and initiative spirit, and the sense of responsibility and nationalism.
To be the leading college in providing a variety of programs that meet the need of the community.
Provide qualified graduates that meet the needs of the labor market through programs that are in line quality standards and contribute to serve the local community.
Quality - Excellence – Development – Interaction – Balance – Integration – Accompaniment
Goals and Objectives of the College
Excellence in education and performance
- Provide programs that are relevant and responsive to the changes of times and the advancement of knowledge, and reinforce skillset compatible with the academic quality standards, and labor market needs
- Implement international administrative system to achieve efficiency
- Continuous upgrading of faculty members and administrators for professional development
- Establish an enabling technical environment for better education and performance
Effective interaction with the community
- Achieve social collaborative ventures, partnerships, agreements, research and activities.
- Communication and outreach with alumni to increase their skill levels.
Promote the growth and development of well-balanced individuals capable of achieving academic and personal success.
- Foster adherence to moral and ethical values, responsibility, and commitment.
- Provision of appropriate services to create a stimulating environment for continuous learning that is suitable for curriculum or extra-curriculum activities.