The volunteer has to know that his/her participation in volunteer activities does not have any financial rewards or benefits neither, from the organizer or the university, but he/she has the rights to which the organizer of the activity is committed to as the following:
- Show respect and appreciation to the volunteer.
- Offer the opportunity to utilize the volunteer’s skills to achieve goals of the volunteering activities.
- Assign a supervisor to provide the volunteer with a clear description of their (his/her) actual tasks.
- Orient and train the volunteer according to the tasks entrusted to them.
- Provide a safe environment to participate in the volunteer activity by the event coordinator/supervisor.
- Accept or reject an electronic invitation to participate in an event.
- Withdraw from the event at least one week prior to the volunteering event start date.
- Document the volunteer hours, starting from the event preparation and according to his/her tasks in the event.
- Receive an appreciation certificate within two weeks of the volunteering event’s end date.
- Obtain an electronic statement from Al-Ata’a National Bank platform as well as a certificate of participation from the event coordinator/supervisor.
- Obtain a volunteering excellence package according the volunteering hours documented within the platform.
- Maintain confidentiality of the information provided in the Volunteer’s satisfactory survey.
- Issue a volunteer membership card in order to participate in the volunteering activity.
The volunteer has to comply with the following obligations, failure to comply may lead to dismissal from volunteering activities:
- Adhere to Islamic ethics, good behavior, and wear decent appearance, show respect for others and teamwork.
- Reflect an honorable image of Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University when performing the tasks entrusted in the volunteering event.
- Update the personal profile in Al-Ata’a National Bank platform with any changes in personal, professional information and new skills acquired.
- Review tasks and information provided in advance to the volunteering event.
- Do not take advantage of volunteering participation to achieve personal goals that may harm the interests of the university and its employees and others.
- Wear the appropriate outfit and identification card, which is provided by the coordinator/supervisor at the day of the event.
- Accept guidance in performing tasks and follow them accurately and proficiently.
- Seek the event coordinator/supervisor when experiencing difficulties or obstacles in performing the volunteering tasks.
- Oblige to the stated and agreed upon the volunteering participation timing during volunteering activity.
- Notify the event coordinator/supervisor as soon as you arrive to the event place or in case you need to leave the event for any reasons.
- Commit to be present at the volunteering event site as stated.
- inform the event coordinator/supervisor of your absence for any reason, to take necessary actions.
- Notify the event coordinator/supervisor about your withdrawal from the event at least one week prior to the volunteering event, and document reason for withdrawal electronically from your profile.
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of the volunteering activities information and not disclose it until its implemented or directed by the supervisor.
- Do not release any press or media statements regarding the event without prior permission.
- Do not perform any commitments other than your assigned tasks to other parties during your participation in the volunteer event. Additionally, inform the coordinator/supervisor of any requests related to this regard.
- Safeguard the university’s property and materials given and hand them over to the authorized unit after the end of the event.
- Do not request, collect or participate in personal financial donations or any similar act during your participation in volunteering activity.
- Follow the safety and security procedures at the event site.
- Do not smoke during your participation in volunteering activity in, or outside the university.
- Document your volunteering hours and fill out volunteer satisfactory survey.
- View the volunteering policy manual of the University.