- Review of fundamental concepts of chemical kinetics.
- Physical methods for the determination of reaction rates in inorganic systems.
- Application of valence bond and crystal field theories to reaction of octahedral and square complexes.
- Associative and dissociative mechanism, substitution reaction of octahedral complexes, the trans effect, isomerization, oxidation-reduction reactions (Inner and outer sphere complexes).
- Oxidative addition and reductive elimination reactions.
- Insertion reaction and homogenous Catalysis.
Course ID: CHEM 563
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||3||3||3||-|