Introduction to ordinary differential equations: (classification and creation). ODEs of first order: separable, exact, homogeneous, linear. Bernoulli equation, Recatti equation. ODEs of second order: general solution of linear equations of second order, differential equations with constant coefficients, method of variation of constants, method of undetermined coefficients. Partial differential equations: separation of variables. Wave equation in two and third variables.
Course Objectives & Outcomes
- Classify ordinary differential equations,
- Solve ordinary differential equations of first and second order.
- Deduce solutions of partial differential equations using separation of variables.
- Solve the Wave equation in two and three variables.
At the end of this course, the student will be able to:
- Give examples of different kinds of ODEs.
- Apply different methods to solve ODEs of first and second order.
- Solve PDEs and the wave equation.
- D.G.Zill, W.S.Wright & M. R. Cullen,( 2013), Differential Equations with boundary value problems, Brook/Cole, Cengage Learning, ISBN-13:978-1111827069, ISBN-10: 1111827060.
Course ID: MATH 310
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||3||2||2||4||MATH 205|