Launch of Cohort II of the Certificate and Fellowship in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
In a continued collaboration with Advance Higher Education in the UK, the Deanship of Academic Development under the auspices of His Excellency, Professor Abdullah Al Rubaish, President of the Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University has launched the second cohort of the Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (CLTHE) and Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA). The agreement was signed on Nov. 17, 2020, by IAU Vice President for Academic Affairs, Dr. Ghazi A. Al-Otaibi, and Advance HE International Partnerships Manager, Mr. Kristian Rumble, which made IAU an Access Partner of AdvanceHE. The program, set to begin on Dec. 2, 2019, will offer either or both: A Certificate in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (CLTHE) and Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA). The in-depth program is an on-line academic training program for faculty members at the university, that includes three intensive modules and activities that support the participants' development. The University's own Core Competencies Program, initiated and developed at the Deanship of Academic Development, has been approved by AdvanceHE as the equivalent to Module One of the certificate program.
The launch event included speeches from distinguished panelist including:
- Mr. Kristian Rumble, International Partnerships Manager, AdvanceHE.
- Dr. Guy Tucker, PGCE, Adv. Dip., SFHEA Deputy Head of Learning & Teaching, University of Sunderland.
- Dr. Sana Al Mansoori, Senior Fellow HEA & Associate Advance HE.
- Dr. Muneerah Almahasheer, Dean, Deanship of E-Learning and Distance Learning; PFHEA.
- Dr. Mai I. Shukri, Dean, College of Design; SFHEA.
- Dr. Abdul-Mueed Muslim, LRSK Course, and Assessment Coordinator, Deanship of Preparatory Year & Supporting Studies; SFHEA.