Stage I (2009 – 2012)
- First set of research goals & objectives for KFU-Dammam initiated
- Rebirthing of KFU-Dammam as the independent University of Dammam (UOD), and in 1437-1438 AH the University name change to Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal Univesity.
Stage II (2013-2014)
- Completion of construction (after 15 year delay) and initial “out-fitting” of Prince Mohammed Bin Fahd Abdulaziz Center for Research & Consultative Studies (PMFACRCS)
- Establishment of two CORE’s within the PMFACRCS
- Renaming of PMFACRCS as the CRMC
- SCRELC formation
- The Monitoring Office for Research & Research Ethics at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University was implemented.
- Occupancy of new research animal housing facility
- Development of first Research Strategic Plan
- Begin planning for creation of the “IAU Medical Sciences City"
Stage III (2015- 2020)
- Achievement of 2014 research strategic plan 5-yr
- Launching of the “IAU Medical Sciences City”
- Open the planned biotechnology incubator
- Begin planning for the development of the Biotechnology Business Park
Stage IV (2020-2025 & Beyond)*
- Initial occupancy of the Biotechnology Business Park
- Continued growth in collaborative development of the Biotechnology business sector in partnership with community leadership
- Obtain a mature state and growth rate of the research & discovery enterprise
* A new set of objectives and initiatives will be developed for this period. They will be based on progress over the initial 5-year period of this Strategic Plan (2015-2020) and in response to yet unknown new opportunities for continued pursuit of our strategic vision for the research enterprise.