This area of emphasis reviews theories of urban design process. It aims to enhance awareness of the influences of culture and climate in the development of urban area and to cultivate an appreciation for the importance of urban design techniques to create functionally and socially enriching human settlements in Saudi Arabia.
List of Elective Courses:
- History and Built Environment
- Urban Design Principles and Techniques
- Urban Design as a Policy
- History of Architecture in the Muslim City
- The Structure of the Muslim Built Environment
- The City and Culture in history