The course introduces concepts and theories in communication skills. Further, it develops students’ basic communication skills in daily life
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Mastering the concept of communication skills, theories, dimensions and its role in the individuals’ success on personal as well as social and practical levels.
- Acquiring necessary skills for effective communication in their surroundings.
- Applying communicative skills successfully in various life situations.
- Developing non-verbal communication skills.
- Introducing students to methods of reading and acquisition of skills.
- Providing students with skills and abilities that enable them to listen to speakers well.
- Definition of verbal communication and its determinants.
- Speaking and conversational skills.
- Elements of communication. Factors affecting the communication process.
- Self-concept -Ways of communicating with oneself.
- Written verbal communication skills - types of writing - writing skills - writing skills using a computer - e-mail writing skills. Speech skills.
- A practical model of giving a speech.
- The definition of non-verbal communication. The determinants of non-verbal communication.
- The importance of non-verbal communication and its tools.
- The concept of dialogue and its types.
- Interviewee Skills. Work environment communication.
- Presentation skills, writing CV, recommendation letters.
Course ID: MGMT205
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||1.50||1.50||1.5||-|