This course introduces the information technology system in organizations, its importance and types. Also, it focuses on the analysis of economic and behavioral effects of information systems on an organization. The course identifies the strategic level of businesses and of industry. It identifies the standards of e-commerce and electronic payment systems, the infrastructure of information technology and components based on the agencies’ workflow needs. Databases and communication networks are to be introduced. The course identifies the ethical dimensions of information systems in business and its values.
This course aims to:
1. Recognize to the importance of information systems.
2. Identify the functional of the organization.
3. Identify the main activities of information systems in business.
4. Classify systems by functional perspective.
5. Identify the information systems and business strategy.
6. Determine the infrastructure of information technology.
7. Identify the general concepts of databases.
8. Identify the general concepts in networking and communications.
9. Define standards for ethical and social responsibility in information systems.
10. Understand the value of information systems in business
- The role of information systems in business.
- The characteristics of information in Business Information Systems.
- The functional applications of information systems in business.
- The relationship between information systems in business and other information systems.
- The specifications of infrastructure information technology
- The components of databases .- The components of communication networks.
- The impact of the ethical dimensions of information systems in the success of organizations.
- E commerce and its criteria.
Course ID: MIS102
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||4.50||4.50||4.5||COMP141|