This is an introductory course in mathematics for business and finance. We will focus on understanding some basic mathematics needed in the derivation and handling of business models and relationships between quantitative entities in finance and economics. The main thrusts of the course will be calculating using basic mathematical techniques, applying them in the appropriate situation and seeing them in concrete business applications. The student will leave the course with a basic understanding of how to manipulate mathematics in different topics such as percentages, linear equations, differentiation, partial differentiation, integration and matrices.
- To be able to apply a range of basic mathematical operations to solving linear or non-linear business problems.
- To analyze data, plot it and maximize or minimize components using different methods.
- To model financial and economic situations and solve underlying problems.
- To graph mathematical functions.
- Linear Equations and its business application
- Non Linear Equations and its business application
- Mathematics for Finance
- Differentiation and its business application
- Partial Differentiation and its business applications
- Integral and its Business applications
- Matrix and its Business applications
Author: Ian Jacques
Title: Mathematics for Economics and Business
Edition: Ninth Edition
Course ID: MATH 207