The Math-1 course reinforces basic math skills and their relevance to everyday applications. These skills encompass the ability to solve mathematical problems, analyze and interpret data .The purpose of this course is to develop the comprehension of the course material in English ,improve their computational skill, demonstrate writing ability of solutions with logical steps and prepare students for pre calculus. An emphasis will be given to the understanding of the statement of problem and the mathematical terminology. The course primarily aims at the development of critical thinking among the students through the mathematical concept studied at the high school. The topics include Fundamentals of Algebra, Equation and Inequalities ,Polynomial and Rational Function ,Complex Numbers and Vectors ,Functions and Graphs, Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- Have the basic mathematics skills which are used in calculus and their relevance to everyday applications.
- Have the ability to formulate problems in a logical manner. This logical way of thinking can be also applied to his real life.
- Have problem solving capabilities.
- Develop the comprehension of the course material in English.
- Have formal way of thinking.
- Analyze and solve some mathematical problems using computer software.
Course ID: MATH-111
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||3||3||3||-|