Strategy is the determination of long-term goals and objectives of an enterprise, and the adoption of courses of action and the allocation of resources necessary for carrying out these goals. Managing the policy or strategy of an enterprise is normally referred to as strategic management. As a result, this course is designed to provide a comprehensive review, development, and analysis of corporate strategy issues. The discussion of the competitive analysis will focus on understanding the environment that the firm competes within and then developing strategies that allow the firm to develop a sustainable competitive advantage.
1. Understand broadly the concept of strategic management and corporate strategy.
2. Develop the capacity for analyzing strategic problems from a broad business and company-wide perspective.
3. Develop an understanding of the concepts, principles and tools of competitive analysis and strategic thinking as it applies in practice.
4. Offer some practice in conceptualizing, utilizing and communicating the competitive analysis techniques and business strategies discussed in the class.
5. Skillfully develop a comprehensive corporate strategy.
Other info about the course Reference
Ali.A, Al-Aali. A & David. F, (2011), Strategic Management: Concepts & Cases, Arab World Edition. Pearson Education, Prentice Hall, USA.
Course ID: MGMT 311
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||4.50||4||4||-|