This course discusses concepts and issues in business decision making. It delves into the decision modeling process and its implementation through decision support systems. The students are required to demonstrate knowledge of building decision support systems using spreadsheet and database software.
W. David Kelton, Randall Sadowski, Deborah Sadowski, Simulation with Arena. Second Edition
Seref, M., Ahuja, R., & Winston, W., Developing Spreadsheet-Based Support Systems, 1st edition, Dynamic Ideas.
- Introduction to Decision Support Systems
- Clustering Analysis
- Classification and Prediction
- Simulation Modeling
- Queuing Analysis
- Genetic Algorithms
- Describe decision support systems concepts and applications
- Name key decision modeling techniques
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in group assignments and projects.
- Show respect and appropriate ethical behavior.
- Demonstrate acceptance of constructive criticism.
- Use clustering, queuing analysis and discrete event simulation and genetic algorithms in decision analysis
- Explain major clustering and discrete event simulation modeling techniques
- Apply clustering, simulation modeling and genetic algorithms to real world problems
Course ID: MIS 502
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||3||-||-||-||-||-||-||MIS431|