The course introduces operating systems (definition - types & characteristics). Further, students will recognize various operations and their threads. Students learn about CPU scheduling & Synchronization. Students will also learn about main memory and virtual memory management and the meaning of deadlock.
This course aims to:
- Explain network infrastructure, types and principle of operation.
- Explain the practical principles of computer network including OSI module and network addressing.
- Explain LAN technology and wireless networks.
- Identify main principles of network security.
- Apply network security procedures.
- Identify and recognize how to prevent different viruses and threat types.
- Identify the encryption principles and its application in computer network
- Main concepts of computer network.
- Identifying and recognize different types of computer networks and how they connect.
- Identifying the new technology of data communication.
- Identifying main principles of network security
- Applying network security procedures.
- Identifying and recognizing how to prevent different types of viruses and threats.
- Identifying the encryption principles and its application in computer network.
Course ID: MIS231
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||4.50||4.50||4.5||MIS231|