This course addresses the most important principles of management and its evolution throughout the ages. The definition of management and its schools are to be introduced firstly. Secondly, management functions: organization coordination, decision-making and administrative communications.
Thirdly, organization’s roles and human resources management. This includes management information system with reference to the function of marketing management, production management as well as financial management.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
The course aims to:
- Identify the concept of management fields, and the basic elements of administrative process.
- Link between ancient and modern management thought, knowing different management schools and their characteristics.
- Identify the concept of planning, its benefits, and types as well as the concept of effective planning.
- Define the concept of decision-making and administrative types.
- Identify the meaning of an organization, coordination, and their characteristics.
- Identify leadership, motivation, and incentives then to identify them from an Islamic perspective.
- Define the concept of communication and control, and personnel management, production and marketing, and information management system.
- The concept and importance of management fields.
- The link between old and modern management theories.
- The concept of planning and its functions.
- The functions of Establishment: personnel management, production management.
- The concept of decision – making and its different types in addition to the role of teamwork and computer science in decision-making
- Field visits and case studies.
- Definition of administrative leadership and the most important modern theories of leadership.
- To identify business motives from an Islamic perspective.
- Administrative communication and its benefits.
- Monitoring and its types.
- Human resource management.
- Production management and quality control.
- Information system management and control
Course ID: MGMT101
|Credit hours||Theory||Practical||Laboratory||Lecture||Studio||Contact hours||Pre-requisite||4.50||4.50||4.5||-|