About the Deanship
Civilizations prosper through science, and by believing in the importance of education and its outputs. The idea of establishing the Deanship of eLearning and Distance Learning at Imam Abdul Rahman bin Faisal University in 2010 was an important step to keep track of the technological development in the fields of education. Since its establishment, the deanship has sought to keep pace with new developments in higher education and aspire to make a qualitative leap in it through the employment of technology in education while maintaining a high quality level towards achieving continuous development and modernization. This is achieved by applying a set of standards that form the general framework for quality from the value system that governs work in the Deanship.
In our deanship, we strive to provide students, teachers, and entrepreneurs with the latest technologies that allow them to exchange information in smart interactive ways, to enables them to comprehend and cover different fields of knowledge and science. We also contribute mainly to seamlessly integrate technology into the daily practices of teaching and learning, and to participate effectively in creating a stimulating and productive environment for learning.
The diversity of our team is considered a major advantage, starting from an expert in the content and scientific material, to a designer, a director who can present information in an attractive visual way that simplifies and imbeds it in the mind of the recipient, ending with a technologist who is the backbone of all operations through programming, development and providing an up to date technical solutions. The cooperation and integration between these multiple experiences and skills contribute heavily to the presentation of distinct and pioneering ideas characterized by diversity and opens up different areas for us to make the difference and leave the impact that we aspire to.
Fostering a continuous, high-quality e-learning experience.
Providing an integrated, effective, and stable e-learning environment that enables the achievement of a better learning experience at various educational programs, courses, and activities, for all beneficiaries, in accordance with local and international standards.
- Promote systematic institutional work.
- Raise the efficiency and reliability of e-learning systems.
- Develop and activate academic programs at different levels of e-learning.
- Promote integration and awareness, training, and support services for all stakeholders.
- Develop and ensure quality, measurement, and continuous improvement practices.
- Enhance the quality of learning and improve services for beneficiaries from inside and outside the university.
- Encourage scientific research related to e-learning and distance education.
- Boost the work environment and investing in its resources.