A key objective of the National Science, Technology and Innovation Plan, which was formulated by King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology in collaboration with the Ministry of Economy and Planning, is to establish programs to enhance the position of the Kingdom in the strategic technologies that are the most important to the Kingdom. These technologies have to be imported and installed in the Kingdom through universities, research institutes and other concerned sectors. Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, from its position as one of the leading universities in the Kingdom, will play a major role in effectively contributing to this National Plan.
The Office of Collaboration and Knowledge Exchange plays a pivotal role in facilitating the transfer of technologies by establishing relationships with leading institutes in the world.
The vision of the Office of Collaboration and Knowledge Exchange is to strengthen the educational and research status of the University and to introduce an international perspective into all University activities.
The mission of the Office of Collaboration and Knowledge Exchange is to promote, coordinate and support the creation of relevant international collaborations in order to generate opportunities for the transfer of innovative technologies in education, research and training that will contribute to the economic development of the area.
- Establish regional and international links with renowned, specialized educational and research institutions.
- Act as a central coordinating office for the University’s international initiatives, ventures and activities.
- Encourage, facilitate and support faculty and staff participation in international projects, programs and research.
- Develop avenues of opportunity for faculty and staff to receive training in international centers.
- The Office initiates negotiations for postgraduate programs that will be run jointly by Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University and collaborating international centers in Europe, the USA, Canada and Australia.
- Enhance the international status of Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University.
- Maintain a central database containing data and information on all international collaborations.
- Facilitate collaborative research with distinguished research centers.