IAU Vice-Presidency for Development and Community Partnership (VPDCP) was established by decision No. 455 issued on 18/11/1433 AH. Several administrative decisions were also issued by IAU esteemed leadership to subordinate some of the sectors to VPDCP along with creating new contemporary organizational units after modifying its organizational structure. On the other hand, Dr. Nuhad Abdullah Alomair was officially assigned as Vice-President for Development and Community Partnership to carry out the tasks of this vice-presidency according to IAU President administrative decision No. 56257 on 20/8/1443 AH.
The goal of VPDCP is to focus on providing means of continuous development for IAU to accentuate its prominent academic position as well as its civilized role in serving the community and enhancing IAU communication with community various institutions via the preparation of many events and plans that include training and skills development for all IAU affiliates among faculty members, employees, and students to boost and enhance their performance. In addition to providing mechanisms and initiatives of development with needed requirements for application according to high-quality standards followed in prominent international universities in congruence with IAU strategic goals and needs of the community to be implemented effectively per goals of educational institutions and to achieve excellence per Saudi Vision 2030 beside pointing up IAU excellence and its serious steps toward pioneering and excellence nationally and internationally.
Excellence and Quality in the field of Development and Community Partnerships.
To achieve excellence and pioneering regionally and internationally over all IAU sectors, enable effective strategic planning, apply quality systems, create a supportive environment to raise the academic and administrative capabilities of all IAU affiliates, and build purposeful and influential community partnerships.
- To improve the level of internal and external efficiency of the university for continuous development and the elimination of various waste phenomena and their causes.
- To consolidate the best practices of higher-education development and quality according to the professional standards adopted in advanced international universities.
- To prepare IAU strategic plan and follow up on achieving its goals.
- To improve the mental image of IAU besides elucidating its development trends in and out of KSA.
- To improve collaboration and partnership with international prominent universities via agreements and twinship that make use of the best practices adopted by such universities.
- To develop IAU human resources among faculty members, employees, students, and technicians – the pulsing heart of the university and its most important asset- along with encouraging creativity via positive thinking and innovation.
- To develop IAU administrative body by establishing modern academic principles and methods such as management and strategic planning, total quality management, and operations engineering, along with adherence to its methods and standards to promote all IAU sectors.
- To achieve high-quality institutional outcomes.
- To enhance digital transformation in fields of management, education, academic research, and community service, and to make use of IT apps and modern communications for improving individual and institutional performance levels and for attaining human and physical resources of IAU.
- To develop E-learning environment for enhancing interactive learning of processes accessible over all KSA areas.
- To consolidate communication between IAU and community institutions by employing IAU potentials and experiences for treating community problems.
- To build a measurement and evaluation system for achieving outstanding performance across various units of IAU.
- To develop a system for monitoring the best practices and the optimum application across the world in the field of development and quality to be shifted to IAU.
Scope of Work
VPDCP scope of work could be defined in below points:
- Strategic planning includes:
- Setting and follow-up implementation of strategic plans of IAU and subordinate units:
- Modern technology solutions should be applied for data collection, analysis, processing, management, and verification that the data is suitable for the information available, and to ensure that the provided alternatives are adequate, and the models used for the analysis of challenges and issues of interest are suitable for providing suitable solutions to IAU decision-makers.
- To ensure implementation of initiatives, programs, and projects across the university, achieving the adopted measurement indicators.
- To review all documents of IAU projects according to the requirements of the Expenditure Efficiency Authority to take the procedures toward achieving the desired goals.
- To follow-up quality assurance of the educational process outcomes and national and international accreditation.
- To supervise the processes of measuring institutional KPIs.
- To follow up IAU world ranking through known ranking bodies along with setting plans and mechanisms of ranking improvement worldwide.
- To acquaint with best practices followed by advanced international HEIs and to conform with spotting aspects of using it according to IAU priorities.
- Prepare regular reports about the developmental plans and programs, including the achievements to be presented to the IAU president.
- To improve and diversify the events of community service via activation partnerships with local, regional, and the international community.
- To develop and improve IAU investment opportunities to contribute to increasing financial revenues in both the medium-term and long-term.
- To provide specialized studies and research and professional or academic, or administrative consultations of high quality to comply with the requirements of national development and the Saudi job market to contribute to the development and sustainability of IAU resources.
- To build and develop an integrated system of professional education and training across governmental, private, and community sectors.