Why should I Donate Blood?
- Every three seconds there is a person in need of a blood transplant,
- One of every ten admitted patients are in need of a blood transplant,
- Three blood components (Red Blood Cells, Plasma and Platelets) will be divided; therefore, three patients will benefit from your donation,
- Blood donation helps in regenerating blood cells which energizes your body
- And you will receive your blood test results.
Steps to blood donation:
- Arrival at the blood bank, register (fill out the registration form) and answer a few health related questions.
- Your blood type will be checked, its Hemoglobin level and your vital signs (blood pressure, temperature and heart rate).
- You will be clinically checked by a doctor in the blood bank.
- Drawing the blood specimen.
- You will receive healthcare after donation (liquids and relaxation).