The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) gives due attention to education because it is the most important pillar in building a citizen that is eligible to take part in development, and advancement realization in a multi-dimensional dynamic world. So, KSA has established academic institutions and centers in all regions of the country to respond to the various needs of the community. Based on the attention given by the government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to education and in response to the persistent efforts exerted by the Ministry of Higher Education, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University IAU (formerly known as University of Dammam UoD) has translated its attention and crystalized its policy into a reality by responding to the community as well as to the demand for higher education. After careful review of objectives, programs, and trends of several academic institutions at the National, Arab and International levels with regard to the quality and academic planning, the Deanship of Quality and Academic Accreditation (DQAA) has been established to accomplish the requirements of Education Evaluation Commission-National Center for Academic Accreditation & Evaluation (NCAAA). IAU has also benefitted from other latest experience without impinging the peculiarity and identity of the Saudi Muslim community. The establishment of DQAA shows the University’s determination to upgrade the quality of performance in education, research and community service, as well as the performance of the other administrative units of IAU. It also constitutes a commitment by IAU to ensure the academic, administrative and training quality to achieve the required change and development with latest highest standards.
The Deanship of Quality and Academic Accreditation (DQAA) was established in order to assist in the continued success of the Imam Abdulrahman University by shouldering the responsibility for guiding the University through the extended and seemingly continuous accreditation processes, which are crucial to taking the University to the next level of excellence.
DQAA was established in 2010, followed by the approval of NCAAA (now called EEC-NCAAA) for the University of Dammam UoD (now called IAU), as one of the national institutions subject to the process of academic accreditation. Initially in the year 2007, it was a Unit in IAU for Quality Management. By 2009, the Unit has been developed as a Center for Quality and Planning, which finally emerged as the Deanship of Quality and Academic Accreditation. The deanship is mainly concerned with the continuous improvement of quality education in IAU. The up-gradation of this entity from a mere unit for quality management to a full-fledged Deanship reflects the far-sighted vision and commitment of H.E. the President of IAU, Dr. Abdullah M. Al Rubaish.
Pioneering and excellence in applying standards for achieving national and international accreditation, certification and ranking.
Instill a culture of quality and continuous improvement in all university activities to attain its vision and strategic goals.
- Professionalism and
- Enhance institutional commitment to continuing quality improvement by effective leadership and widespread involvement of faculty and students.
- Ensure that the scope of Quality Management (QM) continues to be comprehensive, including Institutional research and Measurement.
- Increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the administration of the QM process, with policies, structures and formal operating plans.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) as well as Benchmarks, develop their methodology and application, and secure their approval and implementation throughout IAU.
- Involve a range of external stakeholders in sustaining QM processes which are responsive to action plans, based on evidence-based KPIs and review processes.
- Develop, establish and install an approved academic department for Quality Management program.
- Foster principles of Total Quality Management in the academic process to come out with an excellent graduate who meets requirements of the labor market.
- Support all IAU’s academic and administrative units to design and work out their strategic plans.
- Ensure activation of continuous training programs in quality in the university units as well as the community.
- Support the various academic and administrative units of IAU to obtain accreditation from prestigious accreditation bodies.
What We Do?
- We develop commitment to quality management & improvement
- Promotes understanding of the importance of Quality Management (QM) as well as Academic and Professional Accreditation, and, of strategies to achieve both.
- Develops mission and objectives for QM in IAU and encourage all its units to take similar action in their own spheres of professional activity.
- Arrange for recognition and reward in IAU for significant improvements and outstanding achievements in quality.
- Involves stakeholders in strategies for QM and Academic as well as Professional Accreditation.
- Ensures community awareness of significant achievements in the Institution.
- Seeks collaboration with industry in the enrolment and education of students in the proposed Quality Management Programmes
- We assist & support internal administrative units in their quality improvement planning
- Arrange for the nomination and/or appointment of quality officers in administrative units in different parts of IAU.
- Provides or arrange training for IAU staff in QM processes and accreditation.
- Cooperate with internal units in the provision of orientation and induction programs for new staff to ensure understanding and support for QM and Accreditation strategies.
- Assist in the preparation of QM plans and their evaluation.
- Develops and recommend standard forms for use in IAU to conduct surveys and report on quality indicators such as teaching evaluation, employer or graduate surveys, and, program and course specifications and reports.
- Provides technical support for calculations of validity and reliability of assessment tasks and evaluation surveys.
- (a) Collaborates with Alumni set up in IAU to conduct surveys of graduates and other stakeholders.
(b) Maintain contact with graduates and other stakeholders and seek their opinion and advice on QM strategies.
- Assists internal units to identify independent evaluators to assist them in their QM & Accreditation activities, and advice on QM.
- Provides reference material and disseminate information about other institutions in Saudi Arabia and abroad that would assist faculty and staff throughout the Institutions on QM and Academic Accreditation.
- We coordinates institution-wide strategies for QM and improvement & academic accreditation
- Develops a QM plan for IAU as a whole.
- Specifies Key Performance Indicators [KPIs] for use across IAU, leaving scope for individual units to define additional indicators relevant to their own activities.
- Maintains files and records (preferably in ë-format) of plans, reports, statistical information, and other information for reference over time.
- Publish data on time-series and trends across IAU
- Follows up plans for quality improvement to monitor implementation, and, evaluate success.(i.e. Ensure closure of the Audit Cycle.)
- Coordinates and lead the preparation and management of external institutional reviews.
- Coordinates these with external program levels.
- We report the development in QM to IAU as a whole
- Prepares annual reports on QM & Academic Accreditation, drawing on KPIs and consolidated information from reports of internal units.
- Lead periodic institution self-studies for IAU; coordinate these with the timing and conduct of program self-studies as a quality culture for all IAU.