Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University has 20 libraries; 3 Central, 17 Satellite located on the two IAU campuses in the city of Dammam, and the various IAU campuses in Jubail, Qatif. The Directorate of Library Affairs at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University has a distinguished collection of both printed and electronic resources to support our faculty, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students. This is in line with both the vision and mission of the Directorate of Library Affairs in its endeavor to fulfill the principles of the collection development policy in order to support all university programs and research.
Here you will find the academic materials that will support all learning endeavors by utilizing the following tools:
- E-Resources: These resources will direct you to the IAU library E-Resources Portal where you can search all electronic databases that IAU has subscribed to.
- Summon: This federated search engine will help you simultaneously search all printed and electronic resources at IAU libraries. Abstracts or the full text of articles and E-books can be viewed. Summon can suggest the most relevant databases that best suit your research needs.
- Library Catalog-OPAC: helps you find your resources from books and E-books with a link for full-text display.
- Institutional Repository: This is an effective tool for searching the theses submitted by graduate students of IAU, journals published by IAU, and publications of IAU faculty members.
Provide, enable and enhance access to knowledge and learning resources continuously to support research skills of partners and user.
Advanced support to provide innovative knowledge and research services with effective community partnership.
- Hard work
- Promote academic, curriculum, and research ethics and support services.
- Upgrade user-centric existing library services with the newly available technologies to maintain sustainability.
- Sustain capacity building of library staff to meet users’ expectations.
- Secure electronic and print knowledge resources that fulfill users’ needs
- Develop resource sharing mechanism with government organizations and the private sector and raise funding resources for the Directorate.
Strategic Objectives and Priorities
- Generate alternative funding for financial sustainability of The Directorate of library affairs.
- Develop open-source solutions for proactive delivery of services to achieve academic and research excellence.
- Hire qualified and knowledgeable staff and develop their skills and abilities, which is mandatory for academic accreditations.
- Maintain digital preservation of IAU literature to foster research excellence.
- Promote academic, curriculum, and research ethics and support services (Establishing the Research Lab, Open Research Area, Audiovisual Lab, etc.,)
- Improve IAU libraries’ physical infrastructure to provide high quality academic library services.
- Create College/program-specific subject guides for effective utilization of library resources and services.
- Enhance the strategic partnership with different public and private sector academic and research organizations.