The vision statement of the Institute for Research and Medical Consultations (IRMC) establishes:
- Leadership – Achieve leadership and expand the horizon of scientific research based on originality and effectiveness.
- Excellence – To make best use of resources and produce state-of-the-art research and geared toward serving the community.
- Global - To build & sustain global research networks and collaborations.
The key missions of the IRMC are:
- To make scientific research at the University to be a national and a regional reference while aspiring to be an international leader through science and knowledge.
- To train faculty and clinicians in applied research and educational programs at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- To raise the level of excellence with a continuing growth in all research departments.
- To build a team of inspired researchers, working for the achievement of IAU’s Research Strategic Plan 2015-2025.
To realize IRMC’s mission and vision, following objectives are to be achieved:
- Activate the Institute’s community participation through providing community-relevant services from each research department.
- Cooperate with other departments and colleges of the IAU to foster joint research.
- Contribute in research activities nationally as well as globally, simultaneously Providing a forum for the exchange of knowledge, research collaborations and experience through the process of conferences, seminars, workshops and publications.
- Achieve and sustain a great number of scientific publications.
- Achieve a high level of original scientific research at both national and international levels.
- Contribute to the knowledge based economy and the privatization of the research output.
- Execute research that will resolve environmental challenges raised from growth and development of oil and petrochemical industry in the region.