Per the importance of the role of counseling in the academic life of students, Imam Abdul Rahman bin Faisal University has taken care of this aspect and given it special care, so the establishment of the University Counseling Center came in support of the university’s vision to ensure the provision of academic counseling, awareness, psychological, social, and educational services through the various units of the center across the university’s colleges. The center has future visions that include university employees and their families and other community categories in pursuit of an integrated counseling center that enhances cohesion with the community, supports student scientific excellence, along with sponsoring for talent, creativity, and excellence.
To deliver comprehensive and high-quality services to all IAU students, faculty, staff, and the community to help them develop their abilities and lifelong learning skills.
The University Counseling Center (UCC) is dedicated to providing high-quality mental health services that support students’ emotional, personal, social, developmental, and academic concerns. The UCC provides individual and group counseling, academic counseling, career counseling, crisis intervention/emergency services, awareness programs, psychological assessment, and consultation. UCC staff keeps up with the current counseling practice/outcome research and produces scholarly work that contributes to the improvement of the services provided by the UCC and to the counseling field as a whole.
- Healthy Organizational Climate: UCC staff commit themselves to sustain a healthy organizational climate characterized by honest, direct, and respectful communications and appropriate conflict resolutions. As such, we strive to create a sense of community that is supportive and respectful of individuals who are trying to find balance in their personal and professional lives.
- Diversity: The UCC seeks to provide a safe, welcoming, and supportive environment for all students, faculty members, and staff. We seek to foster a diverse campus community of safety, inclusiveness, and respect.
- Confidentiality: The UCC values students’ right to privacy and holds their information in the highest confidence. Our procedures are in accordance with professional and ethical guidelines established in our policy manual.
- Striving for Excellence: The UCC endeavors to provide high-quality services. We adhere to the highest professional and ethical standards, engage in ongoing professional development, and strive to remain current with research and new developments related to the practice and outcomes of mental health.
- Collaboration: The UCC values collaboration within the institution, the Division of Students Affairs, the Division of Academic Affairs, and the community. We seek partnerships and opportunities for teamwork to provide enhanced services to students, faculty, and staff.
- To deliver a comprehensive and high quality counseling services to IAU students, faculty members, and staff and help them develop their abilities and lifelong learning skills.
- To play a preventive role in assisting students in identifying and learning new skills which will assist them to effectively meet their educational and lifelong goals.
- To support and enhance the healthy growth and development of students through consultation.
- Provide a safe environment for students and play a role in contributing to campus safety.