Vice Deanship of Academic Affairs
Supervising the educational process involving female students, implementing approved policies and programs in the areas of female student affairs and auxiliary educational services, and achieving the goals set for them.
Functions of the Vice Deanship of Academic Affairs:
1. Supervising the implementation of the executive rules and regulations governing the university studies and exams.
2. Supervising the units of academic affairs.
3. Supervising the committee of the educational plans for the academic programs in the college.
4. Supervising the preparation of timetabling schedules for female students in academic departments and coordinating with other colleges.
5. Supervising the distribution of male and female students to the various departments of the college.
6. Supervising the progress of final examinations and forming their committees in coordination with the academic departments
7. Supervising the application of the regulations of admission and transfer to and from the college and between academic departments.
8. Supervising the committee of course equivalency.
9. Supervising the quality of evaluation and exams.
10. Supervising requests for postponement and interruption of study, as well as students deletion and addition of courses in accordance with the university regulations.
11. Supervising the preparation of denial lists as well as lists of graduates.
12. Supervising the induction programs done by the academic departments.
13. Approving the lists of graduates in the system.
14. Supervising the guidance and counseling of students and resolving issues related to academic achievement.
15. Submitting periodic reports to the Dean of the College on the progress of work in the subordinate units according to the tasks assigned to them and the difficulties they face.
16. Coordinating with the college units in the relevant fields
Vice Dean for Academic Affairs at the Applied College
Dr. Azza bint Ibrahim Al-Ghamdi
Vice Deanship of Studies, Development and Community service
The Vice-deanship supervises the implementation of various development paths, techniques and initiatives in the college, following policies such as quality assurance in work and performance, whether at the functional, administrative or academic level, adherence to local and international accreditation standards, raising the efficiency of administrative and educational staff, and following up on improvement and development work.
Functions of the Vice-Deanship for Studies, Development and Community Service:
- Development of academic programs and the creation of new programs that cope with the requirements of the labor market.
- Supervising the implementation of quality assurance procedures and standards approved by the National Center for Academic Accreditation and Evaluation regarding the college’s academic programs and preparing them for local, regional and international program accreditation in coordination with the Deanship of Quality Assurance and Academic Accreditation.
- Following up the implementation of the strategic plan objectives and its operational plans.
- Working to develop academic and administrative performance in all aspects.
- Continuous assessment of the educational process, collecting data about performance levels and beneficiary satisfaction among students and educational and administrative staff in the college, and supervising improvement plans.
- Studying and determining the training needs of the college’s employees in all fields and proposing workshops and training programs that meet these needs and nominating qualified trainers to deliver them.
- Encouraging the academic departments and college administrations to improve performance at the level of the academic and administrative bodies, and preparing a guide for the specifications of outstanding performance, its measurement indicators and evaluation techniques.
- Preparing the college performance indicators.
- Developing the academic skills and teaching methods of faculty members, and administrative and technical skills of female administrators in accordance with the most prominent modern scientific developments.
- Strengthening the links between the college and community members in a way that contributes to raising their efficiency and developing their knowledge and abilities by providing a variety of high-quality community education programs and spreading the culture of community service among the college’s employees.
- Encouraging innovation and entrepreneurship, spreading their culture and developing creative ideas into projects and emerging companies in the college.
Vice Dean for Studies, Development and Community Service at the Applied College
Dr.Mona bint Mohammed Al-Ghamdi