Artificial Intelligence (AI) is poised to be the next technological revolution to change the way we work today. AI technology is designed to mimic human thinking by “learning” through recognizing patterns and drawing on past experiences. Today, AI technologies can identify objects, understand speech, translate languages, recognize faces, and analyze sentiments. Siri, Google Now, and IBM’s Watson are obvious examples of AI, but AI is all around us. It can be found in vacuum cleaners, cars, lawnmowers, video games, medical research, and international financial markets. In recent years scientists made breakthroughs in AI, using neural networks, which mimic the processes of real neurons. On the other hand, the volume of data is expected to grow to 35 trillion Gigabytes in 2020 as compared to 0.5 trillion Gigabytes in 2009 i.e., by a factor of 44. World Economic Forum in 2011 declared that “Data is the new Oil.” Today, deep learning allows machines to process information for themselves on a very sophisticated level enabling them to perform complex functions like facial recognition and next-generation genome sequencing.
The College of Computer Science and Information Technology (CCSIT) understands that it is time to create adequate knowledge in the field of AI for the socio-economic uplift of the region. With a pool of talented faculty, CCSIT initiated an undergraduate degree in AI, offered under the umbrella of the Computer Engineering (CE) Department at CCSIT.
- College of Computer Science and Information Technology
- Science and Management
- Female, Male
- Years of study
- 5 (1 preparatory + 2 common + 2 specialization)
- Credit hours
- Additional requirements
To become a leading program for (AI) education and research at national, regional, and global levels.
Providing quality artificial intelligence education, research, and professional services for the socio-economic uplift of the community by preparing students for professional careers and lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science program in Artificial Intelligence (BS-AI) will:
- Demonstrate expertise in Artificial Intelligence tools and techniques to meet the industry needs pertaining to devising cutting-edge solutions.
- Cultivate the culture of innovation and research in Artificial Intelligence, data science, and related disciplines.
- Contribute to humanity using Artificial Intelligence knowledge while working individually or within a team.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct and ability for lifelong learning.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Understand and explain the fundamental concepts and theories of computer science and related fields.
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
- Apply Artificial Intelligence principles and techniques for problem solving and decision making.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the Program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- AI software engineering
- Machine learning system developer.
- Data mining expert
- AI Data scientist.
- Knowledge engineering expert
- AI data analytics expert
- AI in logistic and supply chain expert
- AI in e-commerce expert
- AI Research engineer