- The College of Science at Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University was the first College in the Eastern Province to offer a bachelor degree program in science for women.
- The College was founded in 1399 AH/1979 CE and four years later, 112 students graduated from the College of Science. Since that time, the College has steadily grown with over 216 faculty members and over 3,100 graduates.
- In 1983 postgraduate programs for teaching assistants and lecturers from within and outside the College were set up and in 2004, master and PhD programs were implemented.
- Several of the College’s faculty members have received prestigious academic awards of excellence in scientific research, such as the 'Almarai' Award for Science Innovation, the Scopus World Award and the King Abdulaziz City for Science and Technology Award (KACST). In addition, the College has received the Prince Mohammed bin Fahd Award for Government Excellence during its third session in the Standards of Organization and Procedures.
- The College is currently involved in the accreditation process under the auspices of The National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA).
- The College is actively pursuing scientific research that focuses on solving problems through the establishment of multilateral research divisions, while implementing a multi-disciplinary approach.
Excellence in basic sciences and their applications: locally, regionally and internationally.
Provide quality education and research services in basic sciences and their applications with effective community partnerships.
Loyalty, Excellence, Teamwork, Transparency, Diversity, Creativity and
- Excellence in providing high quality and sustainable educational service.
- Excellence in scientific research by international standards and investment of its outputs in the development of society & the economy.
- Recruitment and development of the educational and administrative staff to achieve excellence.
- Educational infrastructure sustainable development.
- Promoting sustainable social responsibility
- Enhancing quality management and ensuring its effectiveness.