The Security Management Program focuses on providing a safe & secure working environment at KFHU for its students and staff. It also ensures a safe & secure environment for patients and visitors. The hospital maintains a “zero tolerance” philosophy regarding violence.
The Security Management Program at the Hospital involves a variety of services focused on safeguarding and improving the physical security of patients, staff and visitors while protecting the right of the individual and observing all applicable laws.
All hospital staff are oriented to the security management program and their role in it. Patients receive information about safeguarding their belongings upon admission.
The Security Department provides the following services
- Liaison with local law enforcement (police department) on reporting/ investigation of suspicious/criminal activity.
- Security Monitoring
- Access Control
- Risk assessment & incident management
- Provide escort
- Assistance to employees and visitors with problems
- Emergency Preparedness
- Orientation and Education
- The hospital utilizes the services of outsourced security professionals who are supervised by the Hospital Security Officers.
Hours of Operation
Security staff shall be available in the hospital at all times, 24 hours a day.