The Deanship of Admissions and Registration at Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University serves as a catalyst for academic progress at the University. This office oversees a major part of students' affairs throughout their time at the University, beginning with the application process, through their tenure as students, and even after their graduation. The Office of Admissions and Registration is responsible for the following:
- Admissions of students to the University, managing and controlling their academic records, providing academic advisement, announcing examination results, and following up with the specific colleges concerned to make sure that all requirements to graduate are met for each student enrolled.
- Overseeing the transfer of students from one college to another within the University or between IAU and other universities.
- Organizing and maintaining students’ files.
- Receiving scholarship applications for non-Saudi students from inside and outside the Kingdom, and providing referrals for those that are admitted to the different colleges in accordance with the rules and regulations of the University.
- Coordinating and managing the students’ scholarship equivalence processes in accordance with the requirements of the various departments of the University.
- Issuing the University academic calendar.
- Providing pamphlets and brochures to introduce students to the colleges and departments of the University.
- Maintaining a persistent follow-up policy for students in their studies and recording all necessary and relevant information about them.
- Translating documents and certificates, and approving and issuing them upon graduation.
- Cooperating with the University’s colleges and their supporting deans in order to establish an integrated system that can provide required services to students.
- Cooperating and exchanging experiences, ideas, and views with the Admission and Registration Offices at other universities in order to further develop and refine this office and make it a role model for admission and registration offices throughout the Kingdom.
- Initiating admission procedures for the internal and external visit programs and internal/ external transfers between the universities according to conditions approved.
- Examining the applications of students and their parents either by personal presence or through transactions received by the Deanship.
- Receiving student delegations, cultural attachés and visitors, and introducing them to the University and its services.
- Participating actively in the periodic meetings of the deans of admission and registration nationwide.
- Participating in the supervision of the graduation ceremony.
- Supervising the tests of the National Center for Measurement and Evaluation that are held at the university.
The Deanship of Admissions and Registration should be a leader in all its activities and services.
The Deanship of Admissions and Registration seeks to provide:
- Justice in dealing with students, regardless of their sex, academic, or social level, in accordance with the teachings of our religion and the ethics and regulations of our profession and workplace.
- Clarity and transparency with students in regard to their educational rights and duties, and ensure a stable and vibrant academic life for them.
- Accuracy in the completion of students’ academic affairs in accordance with the approved rules and regulations from admission till graduation.
- Ease and simplicity in serving students in a way that saves their time and effort while they pursue their education.
The Deanship of Admissions and Registration has set for itself the following goals:
- Work on providing a place at the University for every new, transferred, or visiting student who has met the admission requirements.
- Exercise extra care to attract the best students to the University from the pool of secondary school graduates.
- Raise students’ awareness of, and educate them about, regulations regarding both study and examinations, by making use of all means available inside and outside the University.
- Save and archive all admissions documents electronically within the student records system.
- Document students’ academic records and constantly update them electronically.
- Work on the development and adaptation of technology in the Deanship so that the student can access his/her academic information from anywhere through the University's website.
- Work on the completion of the student’s graduation procedures within the period outlined in the University’s calendar.
- Communicate clearly with parents regarding their children’s progress.
- Launch an efficient, automated process that saves time and effort and makes the university experience stress-free and pleasant for each student.
- Provide the widest possible range of services and electronic information for visitors to the University’s website.