At the heart of the Madina Jamia of Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, Central Library was opened for male students, faculty members, staff, and other users in May 2014. This is a new, hi-tech, purpose-built three-story building.
In addition to all faculty and students of Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, It serves members from the local public, industry, and business community.
This library currently holds 82,101 Print items, 372 Databases covering 134,045 e-Journal, and 638,974 e-books, 6811422 Thesis and Dissertations, 5439 Videos. Annually subscribes to 43 Printed Journals and the back issues of the printed journals are preserved for research and consultation. Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University’s graduate and post-graduate theses collection are also shelved in this library. Special Collection and Govt. The publications section is also managed in the library.
Central Library Staff
Dr. Mirza Muhammad Naseer
Director, Central Library (Main)
Mouawia Hassan Mohamed Saeed
Sadiq Saeed Ali Alhouri
Circulation Desk supervisor & ILL coordinator
Ali Hassan Alsuwaimel
Mohamed Hassan Akuwail
Circulation Desk & ILL coordinator
Address: Central Library (Main), Building A3, Madina Jamiah, Imam Abdulrahman bin Faisal University, Dammam. Zip Code: 31451, P.O. Box 1982, Saudi Arabia.
Services & Facilities
There is a large range of services offered by central library to the IAU’s community within and outside the campus. These services includes:
- User-friendly study hours during regular teaching hours and examinations throughout academic year.
- Books circulation and reservation services through circulation desk and/or self-check-in & check-out.
- Online reservation/ renewal and ILL request link
- Interlibrary loan facility within IAU libraries.
- Physical to virtual reference services i.e. one on one, online chat, email.
- Online public access library catalog for searching
- Electronic Resources search through E-Resources portal.
- Orientations and training programs for freshmen and for new users.
Research support through ILRC programs and Liaison Librarians.
University special events support services i.e. seminar rooms & grand seminar hall etc.
- Computer labs, Wi-Fi, assistance in device connectivity, smart boards for teaching and collaborative learning
- Group study rooms for academic presentation and research purposes.
Free scanning facility subject to Kingdom & International copyright laws.
- Print/photocopy self-service on payment.
- Book return self-service facility available 24/7.
- Current awareness and SDI via IAU libraries OPAC.
Following ICT equipment and software support is available at central library
|General use computers||53||-||103|
|OPAC Special Needs||2||1||-|
|Black & white photocopy come printer||1||1||1|
|Color photocopy come printer||-||1||-|
|Podium / Projector||1||-||5|
|Video conference facility||-||-||1|
Software Available through VM Ware
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Flash Professional
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Reader
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio and MS-Project professional.
- Real Player